What is the recipe for the worlds best pot pie
World's Best Chicken Pot Pie Recipe Ingredients 1 lb cooked chicken 1 cup chicken stock 4 ounces cooked ham 6 ounces carrots, peeled and sliced 1 onion, chopped 1/2 cup milk 1/2 cup heavy cream 4 ounces frozen peas 1 ounce butter 1 egg 3 tablespoons MORE? ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-recipe-for-the-worlds-best-pot-pie )
More Answers to "What is the recipe for the worlds best pot pie"
- What is a good recipe for chicken pot pie?
- something that is easy to make and does not need alot of ingredients would be nice
- What I am looking for, for him, is an easy good chicken pot pie r...?
- You can not get any eaiser or better than this ....just tell him to follow the recipe -- this is my go to all time favorites, Cooking for my almost 93 year old Mother, daily, I find myself out of time and need something really knock your so...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to make a filling for pot pie?
- Q: What are the basic ingredients for a pot pie filling? and what is the "best" way to make one? I already have the best crust recipe in entire world I am using so that's no problem. Any other tips on how to make a yummy pot pie would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks*
- A: Chicken Pot PieYields: 8 servingsA delicious chicken pie made from scratch with carrots, peas and celery. A delicious and heartwarming meal.1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed1 cup sliced carrots1 cup frozen green peas1/2 cup sliced celery1/3 cup butter1/3 cup chopped onion1/3 cup all-purpose flour1/2 teaspoon salt1/4 teaspoon black pepper1/4 teaspoon celery seed1 3/4 cups chicken broth2/3 cup milk 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.) In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside. Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. ===================Chicken Pot Piechicken breasts, boneless2 cups rice1 can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup1 can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken & Herbs Soupcarrots and potatoes, in quantity desired1/4 minced Vidalia onion (for flavoring)1 can of corn, drained1 can of peas, drained1 or 2 clove garlic, minced3 tubes Pillsbury's crescent rollsNote: Any vegetables you prefer can be used in this recipePreheat oven to 300°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. (Use Lawry's seasoning salt). Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes, then sear meat in hot olive oil in a skillet on both sides (just to lock in flavor - not to cook the meat). Remove from stove top and place chicken on a broiling pan in a pre-heated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Meanwhile, in a tightly covered stew-pot of very low heat, cook the rice, stewing potatoes, carrots, peas, in a small amount of water, and adding more water as is needed. Stir often, but keep mostly covered so the vegetables can steam. When the vegetables are beginning to cook, stir in the two cans of soup, and the minced onion during the cooking. If you want the sauce to thicken, simply cook a little while longer; to thin out add a small amount of water. Remove chicken from oven and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes to allow all the meat to cool, then strip chicken meat from bones in bite sized pieces. Add the chicken to the vegetables and sauce. Any kind of pre-made pie crust will work, but Crescent Rolls can be relied upon for a good result. Press the Crescent Rolls into a large, deep, casserole dish, making sure that no seams are present. Then pour or scoop filling into dish, filling in all pockets. Cover with remaining Crescent Rolls, and bake at 350°F for approximately 11 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy the best chicken pot pie in the world!==================Chicken Pot Pie 1 (10 oz.) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup or Campbell's Chicken or Turkey Pot Pie Soup1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed1 1/2 cups cubed, cooked chicken3/4 cup chicken broth combined with 3 tablespoons flour2 Pillsbury pie shellsPreheat oven to 400°F. Mix soup, vegetables, chicken, and broth. (The mixture should be somewhat thick.) If only chicken noodle soup is available, it may be pureed in the blender to make a smooth gravy. Put mixture into the bottom pie shell. Cover with the top pie crust and crimp to seal. Slice a few vent holes in the top. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden. Cover pie edge with aluminum foil or a pie shield if it begins to brown too quickly.
Prev Question: What is the recipe for fluff
People also view