Is it normal to have body chills when you have the flu
Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue.If you are running a fever can cause chills. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-it-normal-to-have-body-chills-when-you-have-the-flu )
More Answers to "Is it normal to have body chills when you have the flu"
- Is it normal to have body chills when you have the flu
- Symptoms include fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue.If you are running a fever can cause chills.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does this sound like the flu to you?
- Q: ll weekend, I was feeling completely normal until Sunday night. On Sunday evening, I suddenly felt really sick with a headache, body chills, nausea, and a really sore throat. When I woke up yesterday, I had a cough, sore throat, headache, chills, nausea, and a fever of 103.2. I stayed home from work yesterday and today, and I've been sleeping for the most part of both days. My daughter was sick on friday with just a sore throat, but she didn't even have a fever or anything. Is this the flu, or could it be just a cold? And will I be better by November 25th? (i'm aware this question is also under repiratory diseases)
- A: Including a link to Flustar.com, as they're one of the better sites for tracking the flu and also giving symptoms. It does sound like the flu (colds typically don't cause a spike in fever like that.) My understanding is the flu typically lasts a week, so I think you should be better, but if you go into the doctor he/she may be able to give you an anti-viral and help you get over this sooner.
- Swine Flu , what are youre thoughts?
- Q: Okay I read about the swine flu and from the media, etc., i was extremely scared at first. But the swine flu looks JUST LIKE the normal flu. I had a sickness in January and it was just like all the symptoms. I got chills to the point of shaking, for over 5 hours. My whole body was sore, i couldnt move an inch without shaking. And I was throwing up so much that when there was nothing in my stomach I started throwing up my stomach lining, and things in my lungs. It burned worse than anything. Im only 15. Had to go to the hospital, get an IV, nausea medication, and morphine. I was still tired, and nauseas, etc., for 5 days. Honestly, that seems worse than the flu to me.So why is everybody so worried?? And why do they think anything is different from this and the other flus? Once you are sick and get better.. youre body has a natural defense. So why be worried??Im no where near Michigan. Everybody who has the flu were exposed to mexico. Or they were in planes. So CHILL EVERYBODY!*Nobody in America will die unless they are living in the streets. Tami flu kills the virus. I feel bad everybody is so scared.. I mean im 15 and I have enough common sense to see that America is so scared of this virus, it wont move an inch.
- A: a. because it has the word "swine" in it so it sounds scarierb. because it helps push Obama's national health care planc. because it's new and we've never seen it beforethere are hundreds of reasons why it's being sensationalized.all I know is...during the normal influenza season, the CDC says at least 100 to 170 people will die from typical influenza or secondary infections stemming from it, like pneumonia... A DAYthat's way more than the 150some who've died after a WEEK. Plus think about this... there are 8million people in one city in Mexico. We're suppose to believe a disease so contageous it's spreading fast around the world... only 1600 of EIGHT MILLION people are infected?I think there are a LOT more infected than they are reporting. some probably like the american cases were so mild they thought it was a normal flu and just rode it out and have since recovered not knowing it was the swine flu.That means the death rate is actually not as frieghtenly large as the media is making it sound.not to mention, the guy who first got sick with the flu and died...he didn't get proper care when he first got sick, he started taking penicilin not knowing what he was sick with, then went to a discount doctor when he got really bad.that can also contribute to the deaths. bad sanitation, lack of proper care, not being able to afford proper care...so while everyone should worry... because being worried means being prepared... but I think this may be getting blown out of proportion.
- Really scared about the H1N1 *aka Swine Flu* - Please read and help!?
- Q: Alright so I live in the USA and the H1N1 virus *Swine Flu* is STILL here. It's insane that it's been going on for so long. It first surfaced in what... late May-April? That's an awful long time! And it seems to be getting worse because it seems a lot more people are testing positive for it. I've heard of people dying in my state from it *one was a 5 year old boy and another was a 26 year old girl*. A 22 year old girl and an 18 year old boy were thought to of died from the H1N1, but the results said no... they did NOT test positive for it. Well, anyway - I'm still super scared of getting it. Me, my family and my friends have been lucky - none of us have got it so far. We haven't gotten the vaccine for it even though we do have it around here now. My mom and dad are not able to get the shot due to them having medical conditions *my mom has asthma and my dad has heart problems, high blood pressure and diabetes*. I'm afraid that we'll get it though. I know that not everyone who gets it dies, but with my mom having asthma and my dad having all his health problems, it scares me even more because I've heard that people with underlying health problems are the ones who are hit the hardest if they get it and usually the ones who die from it. I'm young *17 and a half* and I don't have any underlying health problems, but I'm still afraid. I'm more afraid because my mom works with the public *she's a cashier* and she has asthma. I'm really afraid she's going to get the H1N1 virus. How can we protect ourselves against the H1N1 virus? We wash our hands often, we use hand sanitiser *my mom has a hand sanatiser she carries with her at work*, we try to avoid being around sick people, etc...Are we doing good? What else can we do to help protect ourselves?I'm also afraid for myself right now. I noticed about 2-3 days ago that I'm starting to get a bit of a cold. Right now I only have a stuffy nose and I'm sneezing/blowing my nose a lot. I don't have a headache, I don't have a fever, I don't have a stomache, I haven't threw up, I haven't had any diarrhea, I don't have any body aches or chills, my throat isn't sore, my voice doesn't sound any different, I don't feel sick *I'm just annoyed over having a stuffed up nose and having to blow my nose so much*, I don't have a cough, I don't have any chest pains *it doesn't hurt when I breathe or anything*, I'm still eating like I usually do, etc...So I don't have H1N1 do I? I just have a normal, common cold that will go away within a few days, right? It won't go into H1N1 will it?I want to go out and get some medication for this cold so it'll go away. Would it be bad if I went out and got it even though I've got this cold? If I go out, it won't transfer into H1N1 will it? Should I honestly be this scared over H1N1? I've heard many stories about it - some say it's a serious emergency and other say that it's just got blew out of proportation and isn't really THAT serious. Some people say that you'll die if you get it, other ssay that if you get it it's pretty much just like the regular flu only a little worse and you'll make a complete, 100% recovery. Which is true? How do I know what to and not to believe?I'd really apperciate some help here. If anyone can offer me any good, reliable information on the H1N1 virus and some good, effective ways on how to protect yourself and your family/friends from getting it, I'd really apperciate it.Oh and I apologize for this being so long!Thanks guys, you've already helped me. The answer I got on my other question didn't help. The person told me it wouldn't be ok because I probably have H1N1 and I shouldn't give it to other people.I bought some tissues that were anti-viral. It says they kill 99.9% of germs/bateria. I'm very pleased that someone invented these. They should of had those long before the H1N1 even existed, agreed?I also got some cold medication that is specificly for congestion which is apparently what I have since my nose is all stuffed up and I'm sneezing/blowing my nose a lot.If this doesn't help and I'm not better within a week or so, I'll have my mom make me a doctor's appointment.
- A: Calm down, you dont have swine flu, you probably wont get swine flu, and even if you do, its very unlikely that you die from it. If you had swine flu, youd be throwing up and have a fever and all that stuff.
Prev Question: What is common winter illnesses
People also view