What causes fast heart rate and fast blood pressure
Hypertension refers to high blood pressure, regardless of the cause. Because it usually does not cause symptoms for many years. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-causes-fast-heart-rate-and-fast-blood-pressure )
More Answers to "What causes fast heart rate and fast blood pressure"
- Why blood pressure meds for fast heart rate?
- A bp of 120/70 is not really low, actually it's quite good! The reason why blood-pressure meds work to slow down the heart rate is by vasodialation (or blocking the heart's conduction system). The heart probably beats too fast, because the ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Low blood pressure and fast heart rate, what are the causes? (reposted)?
- Q: BP is actually : 86/60heart rate is around 110.i went for an ECG etc.but what could've caused it?thanks.i run for 40 minutes a dayeat nothing besdies fruit and riveta frikken crackers.and your telling me it's my lifestyle? :|
- A: Although your BP is low, low BP is only ever a problem if you are symptomatic with dizziness etc. It's only just borderline hypotensive which is defined as BP <90/60. If you are not symptomatic and it's not causing you any issues then don't worry about it. What did your ECG show? Did they do other tests? Why did you go for an ECG in the first place? Single BP readings should never be consdiered diagnostic anyway. Your above normal heart rate could be explained by anxiety at the time of reading.Ignore the idiot above.
- What is causing my fast heart rate??
- Q: I'm a 29 yr old female with a resting heart rate in the high 90's low 100's. I'm pretty athletic... I do power yoga three times a week, I hike, I've run a marathon. I don't drink caffine and my blood tests, blood pressure, echo and ekg are all normal.
- A: here are some:alcoholsmokinghigh LDL cholestoraland high blood pressureand if you are dibeticif you do a lot of exerciseif you are over weightand it might be just because your really activeGOOD LUCK!
- High Blood pressure and fast heart rate in your 20's?
- Q: I was told they were high and im only 23.Besides your diet,what can cause this? I was told that I might have to be medicated for hypertension.Why am I having this problem as such a young age??Im only 10 lbs over weight
- A: Before you find the answer you must know that the hypertension in the middle age and later is mostly categorized as Primary or Idiopathic hypertension. This means that there is no specific cause other than genetic and aging etc. But other category is called Secondary Hypertension which is produced by another diseased condition like Adrenal problem or kidney disease etc. And the secondary hypertension is a matter of urgency because the root cause must be detected at the earliest and treated to avoid complications.Now, when a young person is found to have high blood pressure, the alarm bells should ring because it is most likely to be secondary hypertension. A search must be set afoot for the 'other' disease that has caused the BP to rise.This situation has a plus side too. If the the cause of hypertension is treatable either through medications or surgery, the high BP can be cured! This is not something people with Primary Hypertension can hope for and they are stuck with their condition for life.Therefore, you must go through complete investigations to find the 'cause' for your high BP. Your fast heart rate is part of the problem and not whole of it. So, get cracking.
Prev Question: How to you pop a blood vessel in your eye
People also view