Is running a good workout
It's a fantastic workout. Running's benefits include improved cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure and lower cholesterol. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-running-a-good-workout )
More Answers to "Is running a good workout"
- Is running a good workout?
- I started running over 25 yrs ago after the death of my mum from a heart attack and ended up running marathons etc It is THE best exercise going, full stop - the weight will simply fall off you and your whole life will become better as you ...
- How to Get a Good Workout without Running
- ･ 1 Without running, you will still need to find ways to work out your legs. Walking is decent for exercise... ･ 2 One way to work the muscles in your legs without using a machine is an exercise called a wall slide... ･ 3 To focus on more o...
- What are some good workout/running songs?
- Anything with a fast, heavy beat works for me. My workout playlist contains stuff like Rob Zombie, The Offspring, Van Halen, etc., but I guess it's all a matter of your own personal taste.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long is a good running workout?
- Q: Is 30 minutes of running a good workout?
- A: depends on what you're training for. if you're training for the 800 then your workouts may be shorter but more intense. If you're just wanting to get in shape then 30 minutes sounds like a decent workout.
- What is a good running workout for an 8th Grade Boy in Cross Country?
- Q: I am in the off season and I need a good workout plan so I am ready to take on the High School workout routines. Please give me suggestions.
- A: First off, there is no off season for running you know what im sayin :)I personally would recommend you to increase your mileage a bit and do speed workouts every other day. Try to run 6 days a week while only taking Sundays off. Of course, my coach tells me to take every OTHER Sunday off so I guess if you feel good enough than just do that.This is kind of what I do right nowMonday: Speed workout(1600s,800s,400s,etc)Tuesday: Long run(5-7 miles)Wednesday:Speed workoutThursday: Long runFriday: Speed or long runSaturday: easy long runSome speed training you could do are fartleks and hill workouts.
- What is a good workout routine for a beginner in running?
- Q: i'd like to run better, but i'm always short of breath, i've got short legs, and i'm on the heavy side. My ankle ends up hurting after 2 mins of running, my mouth gets really dry as well. Please help!
- A: I definitely know how this feels. I've alwasy been on the heavy side, but since I'm in high school I joined track and field....All I can say is push yourself and you will feel great. One word can solve a lot... JOG!! It's obvious what a jog is but it's slow, and the point of it is to push yourself a bit forward with the ball of your foot rather than running really hard slamming your feet on the ground. Whatever excersize you do, a half mile of jogging (two laps around a track; 800 meters) makes a great warm-up (sounds tough, but after getting used to it it's great). Do some stretching and then try sprinting a little, then more jogging.... walking in between is okay, just don't stop moving the whole time you are working out, unless you are taking a much needed break. Oh and always stay hydrated!! It lubricates your joints to help you stay moving.Hope I helped. :)ps. Never run in shoes that have a sole that goes in a straight line... always run in sneakers with a sole that is shaped for your heels. Running in Chuck Taylors is what makes my ankles hurt like that.
Prev Question: Is there any diet pill company being sued
People also view