Is there such thing as adhd if there is what is it
ADHD is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder affecting about 3-5% of the world's population. Thanks for using ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-there-such-thing-as-adhd-if-there-is-what-is-it )
More Answers to "Is there such thing as adhd if there is what is it"
- Is there such thing as adhd if there is what is it
- ADHD is a neurobehavioral developmental disorder affecting about 3-5% of the world's population. Thanks for using ChaCha!
- Is there such thing as feline ADHD?
- Hi there, I too have a cat that meets the diagnostic critera of ADHD. He has compulsive habits also which are very bizarre. He used to walk around the bathtub three times before going into the litter box, and did other "counting" ...
- Do you think there is such thing as ADHD?
- As a teacher, I think I can offer some insight here. I believe strongly that ADHD is diagnosed far too often. I think that generations ago, these same problems existed in children and they have to do with upbringing and personality traits. ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is there such thing as having involuntary selective memory?
- Q: You have ADD, ADHD, etc. I'm wondering if there's something like that where you have involuntary selective memory and what it's called.Like at random times, I forget stuff, both things really want to remember AND things I don't care about remembering.I don't think I'm forgetting just stuff in my short term memory. Just last week I forgot my name for a minute; I had to ask my friend what it was. And another time, I forgot my cell phone number for over five minutes and I've had that number for three years.
- A: Yes it is easier to remember what is in your area of interest or skill. Those with limited memory know this all too well. Skills in music and other languages are not reachable. None the less sensory ans emotional stimulation can affect memories in life.
- Is there such a thing as a real Indigo?
- Q: Because, hell, everyone seems to think they are one. Seriously, anyone who hears about them are like... powerful? Special? That's me! It's pathetic. And I'm getting seriously sick of it. Comments like: "I shall wave my Indigo flag proudly" ohhhhh brother. I'm pretty fed up with this, obviously. I am wondering if anyone who ACTUALLY knows about this stuff, and DOESN'T think they are an Indigo could tell me about them. Because the "Indigo personality traits" can apply to anyone. Anyone at all. Perhaps that's why everyone thinks they are one. It drives me insane, though. I can in fact see auras, and mine IS Indigo. BUT, I am beginning to wonder if this even means anything. So many people claim they are Indigos, and that this makes them on some special mission or whatever... people with green auras, red auras, anyone. I have seen all claim to be Indigo. I wonder... what does have an Indigo aura really say about your personality? I'm sick and tired of everyone saying they have one. I mean... who is even to say having an Indigo aura is something special? It's just another color personality in the rainbow of existence, haha. Really, though... guys... if you think you're an Indigo and you have ADHD and you're zooming all over the place, bouncing off the walls and being generally destructive, how the heck can people say that it's only because "you're a precious and gentle soul, and putting you on medication will ruin your sensitive and angelic spirit." Excuse me while I stand here twitching for a moment, before I go and barf in the corner. Anyone... who really... sincerely... knows about this stuff, and isn't simply reciting the internet indoctrination... can you please tell me what having an Indigo aura really means? Or does it not mean anything? Thanks.P.S. I know this is a very bitter question, and pretty sarcastic in many parts... I apologize. I am not aiming to offend, but really guys....Aww! Sorry, guys! I didn't mean to sound judgmental. I am just so angry and confused all the time, lately... I didn't mean to take it out on you poor internet people. I don't know what is wrong with me.... :( I'm so sorry! Seriously! Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.
- A: Hi there, The Indigo phenomenon has been recognized as one of the most exciting changes in human nature ever documented in society. The Indigo label describes the energy pattern of human behaviour which exists in over 95% of the children born in the last 10 years … This phenomena is happening globally and eventually the Indigo's will replace all other colors. As small children, Indigo’s are easy to recognize by their unusually large, clear eyes. Extremely bright, precocious children with an amazing memory and a strong desire to live instinctively, these children of the next millennium are sensitive, gifted souls with an evolved consciousness who have come here to help change the vibrations of our lives and create one land, one globe and one species. They are our bridge to the future.*Now for being an Indigo. I do agree many people "claim" to be Indigo, perhaps just an outlet used to describe some confusing times in their life, or an explanation of their "misfit" perception. However this is NOT to say all the people who claim to be Indigo are? Yes Indigo's are real but not everyone who says they are one are an Indigo. The Indigo Children have been incarnating on the Earth for the last 100 years. The early Indigo's were pioneers and wayshowers. After World War II, a significant number were born, and these are the Indigo adults of today. However, in the 1970s a major wave of Indigo's was born, and so we have a whole generation of Indigo's who are now in their late twenties and early thirties who are about to take their place as leaders in the world. Indigo's continued to born up to about 2000, with increasing abilities and degrees of technological and creative sophistication.The Indigo children, were first traced back to the year 1984. This was the year when suddenly a child appeared with very different human traits. As of 1999, science has suggested that approximately 80 to 90 percent of all the children born in the United States are Indigo children. I believe it probably will rise to nearly 100 percent in the future. "Normal People" are obviously being phased out. These children are being born not only in the U.S., but also in many other areas of the world that seem to be connected with the wide use of computers. Indigo's also have very heightened psychic abilities. They can literally read their peoples minds. They know what you are thinking. Many psychics are saying that they are coming from the indigo ray, a very high level of consciousness not of this Earth. I also feel this is true.As far as being ADD or ADHD, this is true in many cases, but that is not to say ALL Indigos are "ADD". For example, I am NOT ADD, or at least my parents never tried to tame me, therefore was never labeled that way. Not to say I'm not a little more hyper then most people and perhaps "weird" lol I do tend to be a bit goofy sometimes and loud, but that's just who I am.I've always been gifted with the arts, singing was in my blood. At 2 years old, my mother would record me in my crib making up songs about my family... I would take regular conversation and sing it rather then speak it. It just came so naturally to me. I also have perfect pitch and can play almost any instrument and I have NO training! I don't think I am any more special then anyone else, but what I do know, is ever since I was an infant, I knew something that was deeper and more subconscious then what I was taught to know.You know, you have to give credit to the people who are Indigo, we are constantly being turned down, or told we're "weird" or "wrong" or "crazy" or simply people who are not us and who do not believe (like yourself) simply think we "make it up to feel special". I must object. I never felt "special" because I was Indigo... before I had a name to put to who I was, I KNEW I was "special". I KNEW things that I was never taught from my parents and teachers and television and friends etc. I KNEW there was something bigger and better to life then what met the eye.I started becoming FASCINATED with spiritual things at a young age, much younger then the time I would actually be able to make sense of everything. I started reading horoscopes and such when I was in public school probably around 8 or so? Now at that time I didn't have a computer with internet to explore my interests more, so perhaps if i had that outlet, I would have been knowledgeable at a younger age. Regardless... with all that interest bubbling out of me like crazy I started becoming more and more aware of myself and my natural gifts. Such as Intuition... which we ALL have, as well as psychic abilities. I recognized how incredibly accurate I was at reading peoples deepest thoughts and emotions. I would give my mother advice and guidance in her life in areas of which I no experience at all. I have always been considered "incredibly brilliant and wise beyond my years" but "easily distracted". I HATED school... I liked it for one reason. Socializing! I found myself to be extremely bored with their teaching methods. Everything so text book.... not my style! I am a visual person... I needed more hands on! If I can't see it, touch it, smell it, SOMETHING then it didn't interest me. So again this is where I say, I'm not ADD but I certainly was never interested in mundane note copying.Anyway the point to all this is, perhaps your simply frustrated in the "fakes" but who are you to decide who is a fake and who isn't? It's not really your call to make now is it? In this day and age, with such a down period for the human race, wouldn't you think being surrounded by Indigo people who's only purpose in life is to get the truth out to the people about what lifes purpose is, and how we can live our lives harmoniously on another conscious level, rather then our programmed selves infused by media and government?Indigos are all here for one thing and one thing only.... to get people back to where we are supposed to be. Life is NOT supposed to be full of fear and hate and JUDGMENT! It's supposed to be love, and happiness, and wonderful! We have been programmed since birth to be a product of the state. ie: Birth certificates? Do you know what a birth certificate was originally made for? It was for importing and exporting goods, for when a product left China lets say and came to the USA, the US was responsible for these products therefore a "Birth Certificate" was given for their origin of Birth... that way it could now be "USA's products" not China's. Well there you have it, we are ALL owned by our countries... at least anyone with a Birth certificate. Then from there on, we have documentation for just about every little thing you can imagine. A license to drive, a health card in case you are sick, a "Social Security Number", marriage documentation, health insurance, license numbers etc. you get the idea.... we are all like a box of goods being shipped to another country and being "owned" so to say. Those numbers do not just vanish, you are a product of the country and you are in the inventory. Even when you die.... you get a Death Certificate... It's insane!!! So you see, the dark forces, being world leaders, bankers, government, churches, media... all those things are the reason for our corrupt society, for we have ALL been drilled since birth to believe this is "normal". This couldn't be further from the truth.So the Indigo is here to awake people from this global crisis! To get people to be in touch with their inner self, to realize WE ALL HAVE THE POWER TO BE FREE!!! If you wish to continue to think it's nonsense and stupid and "everyone is lying" when they say they're indigo, then your time here on earth will be much harder to get through then those who have chosen to use this time to awaken from the lies and are ready for the time we ascend to our new consciousness. We live in a 3D consciousness right now... come 2012, when we come into our new Golden Age of awakening, our consciousness will then come to a 5D level. Something in which you can not understand. It is almost like a meditative state.I highly recommend you try meditating yourself and become a more positive being, for there is no point fighting and trying to rationalize these things if you aren't willing to personally experience them. How could you possibly understand a word I tell you until you start to live and experience the feeling I have, and so many others have to. It's about letting go of what you "think" you know, and start seeing the bigger picture, start seeing the universe and not the earth which too has it's own consciousness, as it is an organism as we are.When you get a chance watch this video, it's 9 videos at approx 10 minutes each, but it's one video. I promise you, you will see your life in a whole new ball park!Bless you and I know things seem far fetched sometimes, but it's better to be aware and believe and perhaps be "wrong", then it is to completely disregard this information and completely miss the boat all together! It saddens me how many people are willing to just turn their head and pretend everything from what they know is the truth and everything else is hogwash!
- Do you believe in metal disorders such as ADHD?
- Q: I think psychiatry on a whole thing is big scam. I dont believe that a child is mentally deficient if he or she likes to frolic and be adventerous. I have heard of some crazy things like arithemitic disorder and avoidant personality disorder etc. I think too many people refuse to take responsibilty for themselves and blame their faults on genetic 'flaws'. I dont think I should stuff my kid with pills if he misbehaves, struggles with reading or would rather play in a park rather than do home work. If a person decides to party every night or become criminal it is because they choose to and not because of some chemical imbalance. Very few of these diseases have been proven to exist and there is a huge market for selling drugs to 'cure' these unknwon diseases. What do you think?
- A: Yes, I do believe that ADHD can be diagnosed.The only problem is that a lot of kids get the stamp or people say they have ADHD and so can't help being restless or not being able to concentrate.It's so sad that so many parents accept Ritalin as the solution, because it's not.It's a dangerous drug that suppresses the child's character.Ritalin is an amphetamine.Nowadays a lot of children are under stress. They have to accomplish much more than they are able to cope with.This feeling in adults causes burn outs and they can express that in several ways.A lot of children are burnt out at an early age, dealing with problem that are family related. Dealing with parents in a non-happy marriage ( even when you are not arguing in front of your child they'll still feel the pressure to act right), or loosing a grand-parent, some other loved one.Children in the US get a lot of home work and have not much time to relax after work. they build up a huge amount of stress they can't release. Causing parents and teachers to think they have ADHD.Another bottle of the drug Ritalin gets ordered to suppress the child instead of taking time to teach them how to cope with the situation and not being a hassle in class or at home.I have worked as a social work for 7 years and heard many cases of children eventually going for the stronger stuff.Even my husbands best friend from high school started to go for speed( where it is related too) and eventually cocaine.I'm highly against Ritalin and I believe that children need to become a priority of society again and need to be looked after far more.Did you know that a US school gets extra financial benefits from the government for every child that's diagnosed? No, wonder they want all these kids tested.
Prev Question: What is it like to have adhd
People also view