How do i test positive for ADHD
There are a series of questions a doctor will ask you about ADHD and will make a diagnosis. ChaCha again! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-i-test-positive-for-adhd )
More Answers to "How do i test positive for ADHD"
- What to Do If You Test Positive For ADHD
- Do you find yourself fidgeting or do you have trouble concentrating? If so, you may have ADHD. There are a number of other symptoms to look out for that could tell you whether you have ADHD or not. The first thing you need to do is take an...
- What do the tangible results of a positive adhd disorder test loo...?
- In children: If ADHD is suspected, the diagnosis should be made by a professional with training in ADHD. This includes child psychiatrists, psychologists, developmental/behavioral pediatricians, behavioral neurologists, and clinical social ...
- Can taking antidepressants such as Zoloft Trazodone and ADHD med ...?
- no only fertility drugs that contain hcg can give a false pregnancy. if its positive u are prgnant if negative try agin in a week or see gp.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much privacy an I entitled to for my perscription (adderall) at a urinary screen related to employment?
- Q: I am to take a drug test for employment in a few days. I have a legitimate perscription for Adderall, but chose to not tell most people about this or my ADHD due to the varing opinions, many of which are negative. The test will be given at a lab, and I know that I have to let the lab people know about my perscription. I prefer to keep my privacy about this matter as much as I can. Do I have the right to have my medications be private from my employer? Also, does the lab have an obligation to tell my employers all information, includint that I tested positive for methamphedimine but that I had a perscription for it? I would love to hear from people who know the laws about this matter or those whom have had an experience that they know from. Thank you!
- A: I administer drug testing for employers. If the test were to come back positive for amphetamines, the result will go to a Medical Review Officer (MRO). If it's positive for m-amp, the specimen will go thru additional testing to determine whether it's an Rx or crystal (the test differentiates the d & l isomers). The MRO's role is to determine whether or not there is a valid medical explanation for the positive result (i.e. valid prescription). The result is then reported accordingly. The employer does not have the right to know what medications you're taking, only that the test went to the MRO for review. This is considered protected medical information and thus falls under HIPAA.
- Retest for ADHD, 5 years later?
- Q: My son was diagnosed with ADHD. He has been on 36 mg of Concerta. EVen though he was tested positive for it, i still have doubts that it is true. He had a rough 5 years growing up with his mom. He went to summer school for 3 years straight from failing grades. He was kicked out of the house his mom lived at with a boyfriend. He was deviant towards her and still holds a lot of things against her. Her boyfriend told him at 9 he wasnt welcome in their home. Thats when i filed for custody and won. He has been with me now , full time for 4 years. He has never failed a grade since then. But he has been on Concerta since he was 7. Now 13. Sometimes he will forget to take his pill, or i will forget to tell him. I do know when he doesnt have it, because he talks alot! lol He is kinda hyper. But is that the kid in him not being induced by a pill? He plays sports and always has. Never had a problem with any children, except his half brother. How much of this is really ADHD.. It seems like everything that is wrong or has gone wrong in this kids life was in the presence of a mother who didnt want the responsibility or to take the time to be there 100 percent.I am wondering if he should go off it and be retested. Will this hurt him? The pill only lasts for the time he is in school slow release for 6 hours. When he is not in school and home, He is just like any other kid,. Sometimes hyper and sometimes not. I cant see through the medicine to make my own call.Thanks for insight. As far as side effects. Besides a little hyper, is that his appetite tends to go away for a little while. He had the crying episodes early on but thats gone. I just see him being hyper some days while he is on it, just like when he is off it. Leads me to wonder.
- A: if, when off the med, he's more hyper as compared to other boys his age, then, most likely, the medication is indeed helping him a great deal.yet, there's no harm in having him go off the med and get retested - however, i'd do it during school vacation.btw, if he was diagnosed correctly in the first place, people don't ever "outgrow" ADHD - however, the symptoms might become less bothersome as time goes by, and some people opt to go off meds at that point and just deal with their symptoms, as they don't like the side effects of the med.
- Do i have undiagnosed ADHD?
- Q: hi, im female, and im 15 years old. i have just recently started to think i could be suffering from either ADHD/ADD, due to comment that a member of the teaching support staff made. i have researched the symtoms on the internet and even took an online ADHD test and my results were positive. my symptoms are:- i can never concentrate for more than a few minutes.- i am very easily distracted.- i fidget constantly.- i have restless leg syndrome.- i cannot sit still.- i act first and think later.- i often come across as dreamy/lazy, as a back out of harder tasks.- i find it very hard to listen to someone even if they are directly talking to me.- i often make careless mistakes.- i often randomly blurt things out.- i cannot stop clicking pens or tapping things.if you do think i have ADHD/ADD, could you please tell me how i could confrunt and tell my teachers, as they have now known me for around 3-4 years, and only two of them recon i have ADHD/ADD of some form, how can i inform my other teachers i suffer from this. PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!
- A: Believe what you want about ADD and/or ADHD. Honestly, I think that stuff is a bunch of bologna! Seriously........EVERYONE has those "symptoms", especially at that age (teenage years). You are not old enough to experience this, but honestly........ADD/ADHD never existed when I was in school. Ask your parents if they knew anyone that had ADD/ADHD when they were in school. Think about it, don't you think it's kinda odd that this just came out of nowhere??? If you're going to be the kind of person by saying "Well, we didn't know about it before, and didn't reseach as we do now." That's a bunch of crap. You're a child still........you want to move....do things, not sit all day. I can keep going on about this topic...if you want to talk to me about it some more, message me on yahoo messenger sometime.Think about what you said....Restless Leg Syndrome...HA HA HA....do you seriously think you can't move your legs when you sit? Do you have to be a statue and not move AT ALL TIMES???? Also, did you read what the person typed out....her kids have it and are on medication. What is this world coming to.........you have to be on meds for everything??? THINK PEOPLE!
Prev Question: What is a good job for someone with ADHD
People also view