How much protien is in one egg
The average egg has about 6 grams of protein, but watch out for the cholesterol which is really high. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-much-protien-is-in-one-egg )
More Answers to "How much protien is in one egg"
- How much protien is in one "Boiled" Egg White??
- depends on the size of the egg but half of the protein is in the white and the rest in the yolk. typically 1 large egg white has 3.5 grams of protein http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/se… http://www.nutritiondata.com/
- How much protein is in one egg?
- Eggs are an excellent source of protein. An egg has 6.3g of protein with 3.6g or 57% in the white and 2.7g or 43% in the yolk.
- What is your reccommended daily intake of protein.... how much pr...?
- The general "rule" of thumb if you are trying to build muscle mass is 1 - 2 grams of protein for each pound of body weight. If you're just trying to be healthy, then you want protein to make up 40% of the calories that you consume...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much protien is in one "Boiled" Egg White?
- Q: Currently I am on a "High Protien" diet and it is been very difficult for me to determine how much protien is in one "boiled" egg white?
- A: depends on the size of the egg but half of the protein is in the white and the rest in the yolk. typically 1 large egg white has 3.5 grams of proteinhttp://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/http://www.nutritiondata.com/
- How many grams of protien is in one egg?
- Q: I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian. I have been depending on eggs and lots of milk to get the protien that I need to be as active as I am. How many grams of protien is in one medium egg?
- A: Egg ..... Protein ......Calories Raw ..6g.. 75 calories Boiled average... 6g ...80 calories Fried in oil ...6g... 120 calories Scrambled (2 eggs + milk)... 14g ...170 calories Poached 1 egg... 6g ...80 calories Scotch egg... 7g ...140 calories Omelette ...10g... 128 calories Omelette + cheese ...17g ...240 calories Quiche (egg & cheese)... 15g ...300 calories Egg Fried Rice... 6g ...210 calories Meringue.... 7g ....360 calories Duck egg ...15g ....170 calories Quail egg.... 2g ...20 calories
- how much protien does a whole egg uncooked have?
- Q: can you get sick eating raw eggs? and what are the benefits of eating raw eggs?
- A: Depends on the kind of egg and its size.Why you'd want to eat raw eggs, I don't know. The nutritional benefits of a cooked egg are the same and there's less of a risk of foodborne illness and throwing up. EDIT: If you're asking this because you've seen or know of people tossing raw eggs into the blender with juice (or without, gag), it's not because raw eggs are "better." It's just easier to drink something than need to cook it, chew it up, and blah blah blah. That's the main benefit: you don't need to take the time to cook it and there are fewer dishes.
Prev Question: Is more fiber good or bad
People also view