Are almonds healthy
Yes! They help to lower LDL cholesterol, are a great source of protein, and contain healthy fats that your body needs. A handful a day is what is recommended. ChaCha on! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/are-almonds-healthy )
More Answers to "Are almonds healthy"
- Are almonds healthy for you?
- They are healthy; don't go eating a boatload at once though because not only do they have fat, they also contain tiny traces of cyanide and so if you eat like 500 at once, then you'll be in trouble.
- Are almonds healthy peanuts?
- almonds and peanuts are two different plants. both nuts, but peanuts grow under ground, and almonds grow in trees.
- Is eatting Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almond healthy for breakfast??
- Compared to Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms , I'd say yeah. The nuts and oates have some nutritional value
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How can one argue that almonds are healthy when one serving contains 25% of your daily fat intake?
- Q: Many health advocates, magazines and news shows promote almonds as a healthy food. However, a 1-oz serving has 15g of fat, which translates into 24% of your daily recommended intake. How is that healthy?
- A: Because it's healthy fat. Do you know there are healthy fats and unhealthy fats? Healthy fats are good for you and no, they don't make you fat. You can get healthy fats from avocado, almonds, and olive oil. An example of unhealthy fats are fried foods, like french fries.
- What are healthy almonds to buy?
- Q: I've always heard about the great nutritional benefits of almonds. However, I've never known what the best ones (healthy-wise) to buy. I bought some Sunkist almonds at Sam's which were really tasty yet seemed very salty (sea salt). Any suggestions?
- A: Buy plain almonds from the bulk section of any grocery store. You don't want anything roasted, salted, or flavoured.
- Are almonds healthy for you even though they are high in fat?
- Q: By healthy i mean are they a good source of protein and a good snack to have for someone looking to not gain any fat?
- A: The poly unsaturated fats in almonds are very healthy fats that increase your good cholesterol (HDL), lower your bad cholesterol (LDL) and reduce your overall cholesterol.Almonds are also rich in potassium, magnesium, iron and zinc and also contain a reasonable amount of calcium.Most nuts are acidic but almonds are actually slightly alkaline. Almonds are cellulosic complex carbohydrates whereas all or most other nuts are starchy complex carbohydrates so almonds are less fattening than all or most other nuts.Although nuts contain protein it is mostly incomplete protein so if you are a vegan you need to combine nuts, beans, peas or lentils with bread, cereals, pasta or rice to get complete protein.
Prev Question: What if they dont eat fruit or vegetables
People also view