How can i gain self confidence
Begin a journal. Remember the past is over. Write down 10 positive things about yourself. Take some time to relax. More? ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-can-i-gain-self-confidence )
More Answers to "How can i gain self confidence"
- ･ 1 Dress the part. One step towards gaining self-confidence is dressing in a way that makes you feel confident... ･ 2 Step out of your comfort zone. Each day, strive to do a little something that makes you uncomfortable... ･ 3 Be assertive...
- Practice a lot whatever you want to be confident in doing. But practice doesn't make perfect... PERFECT practice makes perfect. In other words, make sure that you know what you are doing and you are focused in your goals. Don't practice thi...
- Remind yourself of what is good about you: When we look at the rose, we first see the petals and smell the beautiful fragrance. It's a shame we can't apply this when looking at others and ourselves. When it comes to ourselves and those arou...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do you gain self-confidence in your appearance when you have already done so much?
- Q: How do you gain self-confidence in your appearance when you have already done so much to try to improve your appearance? (contacts, facial products to get rid of acne, a little make-up to hide spots, straighten hair). I don't know what to else to do and I still feel inadequate sometimes.
- A: I'm pretty sure that everyone feels this way at some stage in their life. There's probably not alot that you can do except accept yourself for what you look like.
- How do guys gain self confidence?
- Q: Starting high school, I'm pretty sure everyone's nervous especially me. I'm quiet and good looking (apparently...) but I have no selfconfidence. I don't want to be like last year with being depressed and bullied by the kid that will end up in jail. Anyways, I have friends but I can't seem to make new ones. I see other students becoming close to others but I can't. What are good ways to gain self-confidence and self-esteem to become a better person? I know that students will mature as they grow up but at my school, it's pretty violent....and I want to gain confidence for the future such as jobs and university. Lastly, how long does the process take?I already know about meditation but what are some other techniques?
- A: If you have an interest or a talent, work on developing it. Put yourself in situations where you can use the abilities you have. Success is a real self-confidence builder and you will never regret working at improving your abilities in some area. If you are confident in one area, it will generalize.Meditation is a great practise. Have you thought about more active techniques - some of the martial arts that have a more spiritual or meditative component?Be glad that you have some friends. Maybe work on deepening those friendships, or extending them. The "friends of friends" can widen your social circle.Also keep in mind that high school, for many people, is just a step along the way. People who have their best years during high school are often less happy in their lives as adults. Those who struggle a bit learn a lot along the way and sometimes don't really come into their full potential until university and beyond.Good luck!
- What are the techniques to gain self-confidence?
- Q: Pls help me how to gain self-confidence. Because I'm going to join a contest for journalism. And it is the first time that I'm going to join this kind of competition.
- A: HiSelf-confidence may seem like a far-off and unreachable goal, but it can actually be achievable with several small steps. 1. Work on your conversational skills Improving your conversational skills can help you feel more comfortable and confident in any social situation which will lead to larger confidence overall. If you practice maintaining eye contact and being a good listener, you will also give off a more confident aura and you can enjoy the benefits of being treated as a confident person. 2. Set goals As with anything you want to achieve, building confidence will be easier if you set specific goals. Whether you want to be confident enough to be president of an organization or simply give a presentation at the next department meeting, you can then create an action plan for achieving this goal. 3. Get involved When you become involved in an organization, project or committee, the new experiences, improved skills and chances for leadership and personal development can help improve confidence. Think about joining a professional organization, signing up for a committee at work or volunteering your time at a worthwhile organization. 4. Use positive imagery and self-talk The road to self-confidence is primarily a mental exercise. Visualizing yourself as a confident person is one way to create a confident mentality. Positive affirmations are another way of building confidence. Tell yourself that you are a confident person and don't give negative thoughts room to grow. 5. Seek professional help Motivational speakers make their living from helping people make the most of their lives, which often involves helping their listeners build confidence. If you can't attend a seminar in person, many speakers also offer DVDs and CDs of their motivational performances. Numerous self-help books are also available that can lead you to helpful strategies for building confidence. Life coaches provide one-on-one help to assist customers in reaching their potential. If there are more deep-seated issues getting in the way of feeling confident, you may wish to look into counseling or psychiatric help. Depression and other illnesses can decimate your self-confidence, and simply thinking positive thoughts or attending a motivational talk aren't enough to feel better. 6. Take small steps Going along with the idea of setting goals, if you're not feeling confident, you will be much more likely to achieve your desired level of confidence by taking small steps. Tell yourself that you will smile and shake hands with everyone you meet today or promise that you will offer your opinion on an issue at the next board meeting. This is much more likely to lead to success and start you on the path to confidence than jumping straight to a more daunting task like giving the keynote speech at a national conference. 7. Practice a confident attitude You may have heard this sentiment expressed as, "fake it 'til you make it." The truth is that you can gain confidence by acting like a confident person. Nobody needs to know that you're cringing underneath your confident façade. Eventually you'll no longer need to pretend. The success you experience from acting confident and the confident habits you've developed will lead to true confidence. 8. Look for confident role models Whether you turn to co-workers, friends, family members or celebrities for inspiration, finding confident role models can help you become more confident yourself. It's best if the person if you have real-life contact with the person you're looking to emulate, but you can still get an idea of a celebrity's personality and confidence-building strategies through interviews and books. 9. Try new things New experiences can give you confidence by helping you grow as a person. You don't have to take up skydiving or anything drastic like that. Starting a new hobby or taking a class is more likely to help you develop lasting skills anyway. 10. Be happy with yourself Having an essentially positive attitude toward yourself is key to gaining confidence. You must be happy with the person you are, from your personality to your appearance, before you can truly be confident. Gaining confidence requires hard work and dedication but it doesn't have to be impossible if you take it one step at a time. Hope that helps?Take care
Prev Question: How can you look more awake in the mornings
Next Question: Will my life get any better
Next Question: Will my life get any better
People also view