Will apple cider vinegar help acid reflux
If you have acid reflux, try taking one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar prior to each meal. Your symptoms may go away in 3 days. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/will-apple-cider-vinegar-help-acid-reflux )
More Answers to "Will apple cider vinegar help acid reflux"
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar help with Acid Reflux?
- No, vinegar is an acid! If you have acid that refluxes into your esophagus, this could only make it worse. There is no logic or medical reasoning that apple cider vinegar would help whatsoever, in fact, it would only raise the acidity of th...
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar really help relieve Acid Reflux (GERD)??
- It depends on what is causing the GERD. You can use the acv to test & see if you have a deficiency of stomach acid. Add a tablespoon to some water & if your heartburn improves, then you have a deficiency of stomach acid. If it gets ...
- How can apple cider vinegar help acid reflux?
- Actually, you're really close... Acid Reflux is the result of too much OR not enough stomach acid. One big problem in the theory of antacids is that when the stomach runs low on acid, the body produces more of it to finish digesting the foo...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does apple cider vinegar work for acid reflux?
- Q: I have read about taking apple cider vinegar for acid reflux but does this actually work, it sounds acidic to say the least how does it affect you? I have acid reflux caused by a hernia
- A: I have had acid reflux for years and i started taking apple cider vinegar about a year ago and it definitely works for me, it also gives me energy. Apple cider vinegar is good for you, so it can't hurt you to try it.
- Apple cider vinegar and Acid Reflux?
- Q: I've read that 2 teaspoons of red apple cider vinegar to a glass of water can help with the symptoms of Acid Reflux. Is this true? Is it a placebo effect? Does anyone have any other natural remedies?
- A: yes, it will work. But, it will be much more tolerable and fun to take if you add it to a favorite juice. Apple Cider Vinegar balances PH - imbalance in PH is what causes acid reflux (short of a medical problem such as a tumor). Get organic ACV such as Braggs. http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=5711&at=0Other ways to bring acid reflux under control is to take a daily probiotic and a digestive enzyme with each meal. These both work very well by helping your body to appropriately digest and absorb. My favorites are: Probiotic - http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=2716&at=0Digestive Enzyme - http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=2655There are other brands of both the vinegar and the enzymes, but those links will give you an idea of what you are looking for. Your local health food store will carry all of these items. If you do decide to go back to iHerb to purchase them though, use coupon code KES097 for $5 off your first time order (not affiliated, just where I buy those items because it is cheaper and closer than a health food store.)Those are things you can take to help, but more importantly is what you should do to stop exacerbating the problem. For instance, you should cut out all coffee, chocolate and acidic or caffeinated foods and drinks. Also, if you take antacids, they can be addictive, so though they seem to help, they keep the ph in your system out of whack requiring further use of them. You need to quit those cold turkey. Try drinking 8 glasses of clean, filtered water daily to help your digestive system. Milk is a good stomach balancer too. If you don't drink cows milk, you can make a great almond milk. Follow directions online for making it. It is very easy, tasty and healthy. Finally, add a bit of lemon to your water. That also helps digestion. Here, we quarter a lemon and squeeze one quarter in each glass of water. Good stuff!Hope you get it under control soon. I know how uncomfortable it is.
- How many mg of apple cider vinegar should you take for acid reflux.?
- Q: My husband is taking apple cider vinegar for his acid reflux but he cant stand the tast. I now there is a pill that he can take instead but i dont know how many mg. Does any one know how much to take and a good brand.
- A: I have been taking apple cider vinegar for about 9 months. It competely relieved my gastritis and in 2 months I lost 20 pounds that I had gained from taking a prescription medication. In the first month, I didn'tlose an ounce, but possibly my metabolism was speeding up. Applied externally, ACV even removed a wart from my leg.People take ACV in different ways. The most strongly recommended method is to take organic, unfiltered ACV, like Braggs, WholeFoods, Trader Joe's, or Spectrum Oil. I took one teaspoon of ACV with one tablespoon of honey in eight ounces of water twice a day (sometimes more). Other people dilute ACV in juice, while others drink it straight (yikes).Taking ACV in pill form is considered by most people to be very inferior to drinking the real thing. Yes, I know how lousy it tastes, but remember the various tips, like juice, to improve the taste.My favorite ACV site is:http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.htmlA huge amount of info is available at: http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0h&oq=apple+cider+vin&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLL_enUS336US336&q=apple+cider+vinegar+health+benefits
Prev Question: What is the cure for hepatitis c
People also view