Why do they sterilize needles before lethal injections
Since no one knows if the condemned will be receive a stay at the last minute, standard medical infection rules apply. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-they-sterilize-needles-before-lethal-injections )
More Answers to "Why do they sterilize needles before lethal injections"
- They don't "sterilize" the needle. The needles are prepackaged as sterile. Why would they go out of their way to buy an "unsterile" needle? I suppose they could reuse the same needle, but why risk everyone getting exp...
- This is due to the misconception that if germs are on the needle, that the person will come back to life and kill everyone. Sure, a few times this has happened, but it's not the norm.
- Adding salt to snow or ice increases the number of molecules on the ground surface and makes it harder for the water to freeze. Salt can lower freezing temperatures on sidewalks to 15 degrees from 32 degrees. Besides, for sidewalk lickers...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- why do they sterilize needles before lethal injections?
- Q: i heard my friend ask me that and i have no idea anybody else know?
- A: 1) To waste a few more tax-payer dollars.2) Because it is inhumane to give a shot with a "dirty needle" otherwise, why not just use the same one over and over...?
- on death row, why do they sterilize needles before lethal injection?
- Q: oh trish that was so funny!!!
- A: I believe that they do so to protect themselves from lawsuits from the families of the deceased. I'm sure that if the needle was not sterilized, someone at some point would claim "cruel and unusual punishment", or something of that nature--especially i this day and age of AIDS, Hepititis and other infectious diseases
- why do they sterilize needles before they give a lethal injection?
- Q: with the death penalty in place, they have to make sure the needles are sterilized,,,
- A: They disinfect the site of the injection as well. This makes as much sense as the rest of the death penalty system. The death penalty is not an effective way of keeping us safe.You might want to visit www.deathpenaltyinfo.org for more about execution protocols and other absurdities about the death penalty
Prev Question: What is the success rate for paroxysmal catheter ablation procedures in curing atrial fibrillation
People also view