What is the best thing to do if your throat hurts
Gargle with warm salt water to help reduce swelling and relieve discomfort: * Gargle at least once each hour with 1tsp (5g) of salt dissolved in 8fl oz of warm water. Also drink plenty of fluids! Get well! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-best-thing-to-do-if-your-throat-hurts )
More Answers to "What is the best thing to do if your throat hurts"
- What is the best thing for a sore throat?
- Gargle with salt water, antiseptic throat spray, medicated cough drops (like Strepsils or Bentasyls, not Halls or Vicks). If those don't work and/or you are running a fever, you might need antibiotics from a doctor.
- What is the best thing to take for a sore throat?
- One reason for your sore throat could be that you're about to get a cold. Normally I get a sore throat for a day or two before my cold develops. If you go into the pharmacy, try and pick up some Strepsils or Soothers. They are like boiled s...
- I woke up with a bad sore throat. What is the best thing to do fo...?
- It depends what's caused the sore throat.There are usually two main reasons for sore throats: colds and flu being one and the other being strep throat. There are a variety of other reasons for sore throats, but the most common are the two l...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- terrible cold. im super tired, headache, throat hurts. What is the best thing to make me feel better quick!!?
- Q: PLease answer quick i need help with this! loli know its not strep, trust me i would kno but thanks
- A: Lots of hot tea with honey and hot showers :)
- whats the best thing to eat with a sore throat?
- Q: i have a really really bad sore throat. it hurts to eat normally.whats the best things that i can eat without hurting my throat?
- A: The only thing I love when I get a sore throat is that you get to eat lots of ice cream because it's cold and goes down you're throat smoothly. Some other good things to eat are yogurt and soups. If you have a sore throat gurgle salt water and spit it out a few times everyday. Drink lots of water and orange juice. Try to stay away from dairy products because they tend to make the sore throat last longer.
- my throat hurts, white thing beside my uvula?
- Q: My throat's only hurt at times when I had a sore throat and that's what i thought i had. I took some Theraflu which is supposed to help cure sore throats, it usually works but not this time. This was yesterday. Now today I see a white piece of food or something in my mouth beside, a little past my uvula. It's hard to swallow things, there's a bit of an aching pain in my throat without me doing anything, it's only a little hard for me to speak but when I do my voice comes out soft. I tried drinking some water to help it go down but it's not even moving. I'm 14, I told my mother but she just said to drink some water, I keep doing that but it's not helping and it hurts to swallow.
- A: *Tonsil stones will only form in people who still have their tonsils; however, that does not mean that you should run out and get your tonsils removed! Not too long ago, they were routinely removed for being swollen and inflamed. What was not understood then was that the tonsils' sole purpose is to prevent organisms and bacteria from traveling deeper in the throat.Font SizeA A A Tonsil Stones (Tonsilloliths): Treatment and Prevention(continued)How are tonsil stones (tonsilloliths) treated?The appropriate treatment for a tonsil stone depends upon the size of the tonsillolith and its potential to cause discomfort or medical harm. Various options include:No treatment. Many tonsil stones, especially ones that are asymptomatic, require no special treatment. At-home removal. Some people choose to dislodge tonsil stones at home with the use of picks or swabs. Salt water gargles. Gargling with warm, salty water may help alleviate the discomfort of tonsillitis, which often accompanies tonsil stones. Antibiotics. Various antibiotics can be used to treat tonsil stones. While they may be helpful for some people, they cannot correct the basic problem that is causing tonsilloliths. Also, antibiotics can have side effects. Surgical removal. When tonsil stones are exceedingly large and symptomatic, it may be necessary for a surgeon to remove them. In certain instances, a doctor will be able to perform this relatively simple procedure using a local numbing agent. Then the person with the tonsil stone will not need general anesthesia. How can tonsil stones (tonsilloliths) be prevented?Since tonsil stones are more common in people who have chronic tonsillitis, the only surefire way to prevent their occurrence is with surgical removal of the tonsils. This procedure, known as a tonsillectomy, removes the tissues of the tonsils entirely, thereby eliminating the possibility of tonsillolith formation.Unlike tonsil stone extraction, tonsillectomies are typically performed under general anesthesia. Patients who undergo the surgery have difficulty swallowing and a sore throat for at least a few days after the procedure.
Prev Question: What is the name of the HPV vaccine
People also view