What is Maalox for
Maalox is an antacid medicine. It helps with stomach pains, gas, and heartburn. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-maalox-for )
More Answers to "What is Maalox for"
- What is maalox
- Maalox is a well-recognized brand name that healthcare professionals associate with nonprescription or OTC antacid drug products containing the active ingredients aluminum hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide, and simethicone.
- How does maalox work?
- Maalox (loperamide) Simethicone allows gas bubbles in the stomach and intestines to come together more easily, which allows for easier passage of gas...
- Is maalox safe during Pregnancy?
- I have been hospitalised a few times during my pregnancy as I suffer from Hyperemesis. Acid reflux can sometimes make me worse so the midwives in hospital gave me Malox. It works great. It is definitely safe to take during pregnancy and is ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it dangerous to take one Maalox thing a day?
- Q: I have a problem with blaoting and I have to take one thing of Maalox a day. Is it bad to keep taking it everyday?
- A: Well, it's not dangerous to take 1 Maalox pill per day, but that's not going to help with bloating. Maalox is mainly made up of Calcium Carbonate, which is an acid neutralizer... it can actually cause bloating.Their website at http://www.maalox.ca/qd_rs.htm says it's for "Treatment of mild to moderate symptoms of burning sensation/pain in the stomach due to excess acid". By neutralizing the acid, you're actually creating more gas.If you have more gas and bloating on a regular basis, those are typically caused by improper digestion... I would recommend getting a good digestive enzyme complex. Many people I've talked to have said that they've gotten long-term relief from gas and bloating when they took an enzyme complex at each meal... and many of them got that relief within just a few days (a week was typically the longest time). I've also taken an enzyme to help me digest certain foods and I've noticed a HUGE benefit from reduced gas and bloating. Good luck and I hope I helped!
- Is it okay to take Tylenol and Maalox together?
- Q: It may be a silly question, but I'm not exactly knowledgeable in that area. So, I'm wondering if it's harmful at all to take Tylenol and Maalox together. Also I've been on Gaviscon Max relief tablets for almost 2 years now, is it safe to take an antacid for such a long time? I asked the doctor before but he didn't really give me a straight answer, in fact I think he sort of chuckled a bit at the question.
- A: It's safe to take antacids for a long time providing your blood work and physical condition show no signs that food isn't nourishing you properly. If antacids slow down the acids too much, food won't digest. It will lay in your stomach and bloat you. If that's not happening, you have nothing to worry about. Oh, and take the Tylenol about half an hour before the Maalox. Feel better soon.
- Which type of Maalox should be used for diaper rash?
- Q: My daughter has diaper rash and I have read that Maalox will relieve the rash. Maalox comes in fruit flavors and mint. Should I avoid mint? There is no un-flavored version. Regualr stregnth? Any suggestions from mom's or dad's who have used this remedy would be much appreciated.I know the idea is to put the Maalox on the diaper rash - not feed it to the infant. I just thought that mint or flavoring might further irritate the rash. I have heard that it should be applied with a cotton ball but no other details.
- A: i have not tried maalox on diaper rash but i swear by "triple paste" it is super thick and works amazingly! my son was premature and was on antibiotics when he was first born. when we brought him home he had the worst diaper rash i have ever seen from the medicine. his little butt looked like raw meat. our doctor recommended triple paste and to use plain water with a soft paper towel (like Bounty) instead of baby wipes until the rash is totally gone. the triple paste cleared it up in about 2 days. he has had rashes since then (not quite as bad) from oranges and the triple paste cleared it up in a day!!!hope this helps!
Prev Question: When does a pregnancy test not work
People also view