What is a crown for your tooth
A crown is an artificial substitute for the part of a tooth that is covered by enamel and projects beyond the gum line. Thanks! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-crown-for-your-tooth )
More Answers to "What is a crown for your tooth"
- Summary: A crown for a tooth has a natural look to it, is molded to the shape of the damaged tooth, covers the entire tooth and is held down by Eugenol cement. Discover more about how a crown is made, what it is made of and how it is placed...
- Dental crowns, also referred to as "dental caps," "tooth crowns," or "tooth caps," are dental restorations that cover over and encase the tooth on which they are cemented. Dentists make use of dental crowns whe...
- A crown is something that is used as a covering for a tooth. It is with the help of a crown that the new tooth that is created by the dentist is inserted. In a tooth crown you have three types which is mainly full coverage crown, three quar...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- If your missing a tooth adjacent to one that you need a crown what is the dentist likely to do?
- Q: they will give you a bridge and a crown, correct? How many total things will they do to fix the problem of:1 tooth needs a crownadjacent tooth needs a bridge QUESTION: Would they also have to drill into a 3rd tooth to make that one a crown to attach the bridge to? Or can they just attach the bridge only to the one tooth that needs a crown, you know, to secure it that way?
- A: A crown has a couple parts: the pontic, which is the tooth that is missing, the abutments, which are the teeth that are supporting it.Usually (like 97% of the time, or something) your DDS will not use a bridge that only has one support. It's called a cantilever bridge and they are pretty darn frowned upon. So most likely you will also have the tooth on the other side of the gap prepped for the bridge and it will get crowned, too.
- What do they do when they put a crown on your tooth?
- Q: In a few hours, I go to the dentist. It will be my third appointment. At first, I had a root canal. A week later, I got the temporary core put in and they took an impression of the tooth. So, today, I get the crown put on and it is the last appointment. So, what will happen t oday? How long does it take? Will it hurt?
- A: First they will take an impression of the tooth to be crowned and then they will give you a couple of shots around the tooth to deaden the area. Tthen they will grind down the tooth so that it looks like a peg. After this they will glue a temporary crown in place that looks like a normal tooth. In a few weeks a permanant crown that was made using the impression they took of the original tooth should come in and you will have to go back and have it put into place.
- Can you still get braces if you have a crown on your tooth?
- Q: I have a crown on my tooth and the root is stuck in the gum and the crown is held up by a post, so can you still get braces and how about if you had root canal done can you still get braces?
- A: your dentist knows best. for the most part they may wire it up
People also view