What is a CATscan
CT imaging combines special x-ray equipment with computers to produce multiple images or pictures of the inside of the body. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-catscan )
More Answers to "What is a CATscan"
- What Is A Catscan?
- You can go to www.wikipedia.org, type in catscan, you will find what you need there. It is a machine that take x-rays of your brain or whatever part of the body that they want the pictures of, but it doesn't use the typical film that they ...
- Is Neuroimaging better than a catscan?
- cat scan is a form of neuro imaging. So in a way, your question makes no sense. MRI has no radiation so is safer. However, some things are better seen with a cat scan. your doc will decide which is the best.
- When was DJ Catscan born?
- DJ Catscan was born on July 31, 1979
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Q: The dotors told me I wasn't pregnant and then did a catscan. If I was pregnant would it have shown?I had a cat scan of my lower body, because they think I may have kidney stones.If I was pregnant, I would be about 27 weeks along.
- A: If you were 27 weeks along....you would know if you were pregnant. CAT scan or not.
- what is the difference between a catscan with and without contrast?
- Q: my urogist has ordered a catscan for my bladder,with contrast,i had a full catscan of my stomache about a month ago everything negative. so does contrast show something differant?
- A: A CT scan with contrast means the technologist administers a contrast agent that will show up well on the scan because the contrast agent "blocks" or "absorbs" x-rays. Sometimes the difference between body tisssues is so slight that CT scan can't differentiate them well. Since your doctor has asked for a scan of your stomach with contrast, he/she wants to see the fine lining of the stomach ( maybe to look for ulcers or lesions ) . An air contrast upper GI shows that well too. ( you swallow barium with gas pills and your stomach lining shows well on the x-ray. ) CT is slowly replacing upper GI series.
- What is early emphysematious changes mean on a catscan?
- Q: I had pressure and pain in my chest and they did a catscan and in the results it said I had early emphysematous changes, can someone explain this to me, thanks oh and by the way I am a non smoker and have never smoked in my life, I do have asthma and frequent bouts in the past with pneumonia and have systemic lupus. thanks
- A: I would interpret that as destruction of the air sacs in the lungs. Much like the disease emphysema.
Prev Question: What is niacin
People also view