What foods should you eat when you have diarrhea
When suffering from diarrhea, drink plenty of fluids such as fruit juice without pulp, broth, or soda (without caffeine), and tea. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-foods-should-you-eat-when-you-have-diarrhea )
More Answers to "What foods should you eat when you have diarrhea"
- What foods should you eat if you have diarrhea?
- Follow the BRAT diet. Bananas, Rice, Apples, Toast. That's what our Dr. tells us. Specifically: ･ 1. Bananas ･ 2. White Rice and Mashed Potatoes ･ 3. Applesauce ･ 4. White Toast and Crackers ･ 5. Yogurt ･ 6. Steamed Chicken ･ 7....
- What food cause diarrhea?
- If you are one of the 75% of people who are affected by food intolerance, it makes sense to investigate - doesn't it? Untreated food intolerance is the cause of many serious Health Risks later in life. There is only one failsafe and accura...
- Does eating peanuts aggravate the diarrhea? What foods make it wo...?
- Mild diarrhea, either frequent or unformed bowel movements, can often be managed at home with intake of clear liquids and low fat foods. In children, a common recommendation is the BRAT diet, bananas, applesauce, rice, and toast, foods that...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What foods should you eat when you have diarrhea?
- Q: Also, if it's possible, how can you get rid of your diarrhea?
- A: Start by eliminating all solid foods and sipping warm or tepid drinks to prevent dehydration. Drinking half a cup every quarter hour or so is usually enough. Suitable drinks include water, mineral water,herbal teas, and ginger ale. Clear broths also help replace salts and other minerals lost. You can make your own rehydration fluid by mixing 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, a pinch of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of corn syrup or honey in an 8 ounce glass of water. If you choose a commercial sports drink make sure that the sugar content is low, anything over 10% can aggravate diarrhea.Follow the B.R.A.T diet. Bananas, applesauce, rice and toast. This is what you should do when you feel like eating, but preferably not within the first 24 hours. Apples and other fruits high in pectin help counteract the diarrhea; that's why unsweetened applesauce is a traditional home remedy. Other suitable foods include salted crackers and chicken-rice soup to help replenish lost sodium and potassium. Avoid milk products until symptoms disappear; some of the organisms that cause diarrhea can temporarily impair the ability to digest milk. Although cooked and pureed fruits and vegetables can usually be tolerated, don't eat raw fruits, high fiber vegetables, and fats until everything is back to normal. Avoid alcohol and caffeine. Even within 48 hours after diarrhea has stopped.
- What does it mean when you have consistent and severe diarrhea whenever you eat fatty foods?
- Q: I have been suffering for years with frequent and sometimes painful stomach cramps followed by watery diarrhea. I have been keeping a food journal for the last three months, and have ruled out any type of lactose intolerance, low fiber, or poor digestion of carb’s or protein as the problem. What seems to be the problem are foods that have high fat contents. For example, if I eat at a fast food restaurant for dinner and eat foods that have a high fat content (hamburgers, fried foods, etc) I will almost all ways wake up with cramping and diarrhea. I do not seem to ever have a problem with diarrhea when sticking to low fat foods. I am starting to suspect that my body is having difficulty breaking down fat for some reason, was wondering what people might know about this. Any ideas to what the problem might be would be greatly appreciated
- A: Have you ever had your bile function checked? Lack of bile production can causes these symptomsSee a Dr, thats the best advice I can give you
- Diarrhea question: starve it and drink only water or eat good foods?
- Q: should i starve it and just drink water all day, or should i drink water all day and eat little of good foods? if so, which kinds of foods?i just got this diarrhea two days ago, and stupid me went to a barbecue last night with minimal diarrhea and ate all sorts of bad stuff that is making me suffer so bad this morning im in such pain. i ate cake, hamburgers, chocolate, chips, etc... im paying for it now, what should i do?
- A: Just drinking water would probably be a good idea for now until you feel a little better.
Prev Question: How many excedrin can you take a day
People also view