What are the side effects of abilify
Abilify side effects include fever, stiff muscles, confusion, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats, jerky muscle movements you cannot control, sudden numbness or weakness, headache, confusion, or problems with vision, speech, or balance, etc. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-the-side-effects-of-abilify )
More Answers to "What are the side effects of abilify"
- Some common side effects of abilify can include headache, nausea, and anxiety. Some less common side effects of abilify can also include increased sweating, convulsions and loss of bladder control. If you notice any of these symptoms, see y...
- i took abilify too and with any medicine it will feel like that at first because your body is starting to adjust to it, but for me even after taking it for a while i got tremors and just weird feelings, so i stopped taking it but everyone i...
- I was thinking of working and decided to ask my doctor of alternatives to my clozaril. I am now on 300mg of clozaril and 20mg of Abilify. I am not sure if it will work.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How to manage the side effects of abilify and welbutrin?
- Q: I am diagnosed as ADD, Borderline Personality Disorder, and Clinically Depressed and am on Abilify and Welbutrin. Some side effects I've experienced are weight gain, extreme fatigue (sleeping 9-11 hours a night), and slight hair loss. Does anyone know how to manage these side effects while not going off the medicine completely? I've found it near impossible to lose weight while on these medicines especially.
- A: Speak with the doctor about the fatigue. He/she may be able to adjust the dosage or the timing of the meds for that. Diet and exercise are the first line of defense for medication weight gain. For antipsychotic (Abilify being an antispsychotic) weight gain, I've heard that you could add a medication called metformin (Glucophage) but I don't know how well it works as I've never tried it and I don't know if a doc would do this (look it up online; there should be articles on the combinations of antipsychotics and metformin). With the hair loss I don't know. For that, you may either have to deal with it or switch meds. I've never had that happen to me on the numerous medications I've been on for my bipolar disorder. I hope some of my info helps and I wish you best of luck in your treatment in the road ahead...
- what were your side effects to abilify?
- Q: i just started taking it today, and do not feel anything, then again i still have geodon in my system, but i was changed today to this. do you take abilify and what were your side effects?
- A: i had no side affects but if you wan to know go to web md they they a place where you can look up your meds and find out the side affects good luck and take care
- Do the side effects of Abilify go away over time?
- Q: Well, the one side effect I am really referring to is Akathisia, which is an inner restlessness. Like i feel like i need to move around and stuff all the time. Does that go away?
- A: The quack doctor who put me on this drug told me that it only lasts for a couple weeks. I was started at a very tiny dose of 2mg I believe, and they very slowly raised it up to 20mg to prevent the possibility of akathesia. It worked for that but the drug has other bad side effects that were harming me. I don't take it anymore.
Prev Question: What is a maoi drug
People also view