What are some home laxative remedies
A home laxative remedy is blackstrap molasses. Take 2 tablespoons before going to bed to relieve constipation. Molasses is too high in calories to use it as a daily preventative, but on an occasional basis, it can help to get you moving.ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-some-home-laxative-remedies )
More Answers to "What are some home laxative remedies"
- How to make a laxative to relieve constipation (Home Remedy)?
- ･ 1 Put all the Ingredients in a cup and mix it well together. SEE INGREDIENTS IN "THINGS YOU WILL NEED"... ･ 2 Drink the solution down one shot. You can have an orange after this just to get the taste out of your... ･ 3 Drink as ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What are some home remedies to detox the body?
- Q: I have been experiencing adbominal bloating and problems with my skin lately. I have taken laxatives and herbal teas and nothing seems to help the bloatness. I want to cleanse my body from the inside out.......and just don't know how to do it!
- A: DetoxificationHome Remedies The body tends to heal itself if given the right support. Fruit, vegetables and herbs are a gentle way to promote healing.Herbs used in Detoxification Dandelion Dandelion is held in high regard as a detoxifier. Dandelion stimulates the elimination of toxins from every cell in the body. It is often used in comprehensive treatments for the liver. Dandelion also increases bile production and stimulates its flow to the gallbladder. The polysaccharide insulin found in dandelion is said to have white blood cell and immune-boosting properties. Licorice Root Licorice Root is regarded as an important herb for treating kidney ailments and is also recommended for the liver and respiratory tract. Licorice Root's antioxidant, antiviral, and antibody-stimulating properties make it a liver protectant and detoxifier. Cascara Sagrada Cascara Sagrada supports healthy bowel function by acting as a mild laxative. This herb can also be helpful in the treatment of gallstones and liver ailments. It also increases secretions of the stomach, liver and pancreas and is a potent cleansing herb. Black Walnut Hulls Black Walnut Hulls are known to help remove parasites from the intestinal tract and facilitate the removal of toxic buildup and fatty materials. Milk Thistle Milk thistle is best known as a liver tonic. The active ingredient is silymarin, which is reputed to repair liver damage due to alcohol, drugs (over-the-counter, prescription, and illicit), hepatitis, and exposure to toxins. In Germany, physicians are so impressed with the liver-protecting effects of milk thistle that they routinely prescribe this herb to patients with liver disorders. Milk thistle also strengthens and protects the liver in otherwise healthy people. Fruit and vegetable juices assist in detoxification.Fruit and vegetable juices are the cleansers, energizers, builders, and regenerators of the human system. A combination of either fresh, raw fruit or vegetable juices will supply all the enzymes, vitamins, minerals, protein and fats critical to increased vitality! By adding live juices to one's diet as a daily routine, many have experienced a rejuvenating effect and healing of various illnesses such as cancer, leukemia, arthritis, high blood pressure, kidney disorders, skin infections, liver disorders, alcoholism and smoking. Supplying the body with easily-absorbed nutrients, while the body is cleansing itself in the fasting state, avoids the dangers of total abstinence associated with water fasting. Be confident that this method is both safe and beneficial.Grapes: There are between 40 and 50 different varieties of grapes that come in a rainbow of greens, whites, reds and purples. Grapes fill the mouth with an explosion of delicious flavors. Grapes are an excellent source of potassium, which encourage an alkaline blood balance and also stimulate the kidneys and regulate heartbeat. The restorative power of grapes is phenomenal, cleansing the liver and removing the uric acid from the body. In France, many people go on a grape fast during harvest time. Studies have shown a lower incidence of cancer in the areas of France where this grape fast is practiced yearly. Asparagus: Available in early spring. It can be expensive due to the difficulty in cultivating. Its claim to fame is the amino acid aspargagine that is destroyed by cooking. Aspargagine is a strong diuretic, stimulating the kidneys. Asparagus is a great blood cleanser and excellent for healthy bowel maintenance. Parsley: Ancient civilizations have used parsley in medications and in poultices on wounds, boils, cysts and to draw the pus out of an infected cut. Parsley is one of the highest sources of life-giving chlorophyll, which acts like iron to oxidize the blood. Chlorophyll will help neutralize the strong odor of garlic, and is used in chewing gum to sweeten breath. It is a cleanser of the kidneys, liver, and urinary tract. Parsley is effective for upset stomachs by stimulating digestive enzymes. Excellent for the colon by encouraging the peristaltic wave in the intestines.Spinach: Never cook spinach. Oxalic acid is destroyed when heat transforms it into oxalic acid crystals that are harmful to the kidneys. It also binds to iron, making it unabsorbable. Sweet PotatoesBesides being a yummy source of beta-carotene, sweet potatoes and yams have an unusual health side effect: they can remove heavy metals from the body. In fact, doctors in the Soviet Union have prescribed a diet that's heavy on the spuds for factory workers continually exposed to toxic chemicals. Sweet potatoes contain something called "phytochelatins". This helps them bind to harmful substances like copper, cadmium, mercury and lead which most of us are exposed to on a regular basis from air pollution. The phytochelatins help pass these toxins out of the body."Cranberry Juice A powerful healing tonic filled with quinine, which changes to hippuric acid in the liver. Hippuric acid is able to assist in the removal of purines, uric acid, urea and toxic build-up in the prostate gland, testicles, kidneys and bladder.
- Any at-home remedies for a LAXATIVE...?
- Q: What at-home products can I use for a quick bile movement?
- A: Castor Oil works very well - I do a cleansing once a month - Take four ounces see sources for explicit details...
- What are some good "at home" laxatives and cleansers?
- Q: I'm looking to kind of "detox" my body. Do you know of any natural remedies or at home ideas that work? Over the counter is fine, but I'd prefer it to be fairly simple and not too expensive.
- A: Castor oil, senna tea, flax seed. And lots of water. Inexpensive and effective.
Prev Question: What will 1600 mg of ibuprofen do to me
People also view