Is cephalexin an antibiotic
Yep, it works by interfering with the bacteria's cell wall formation, causing it to rupture, and killing the bacteria. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-cephalexin-an-antibiotic )
More Answers to "Is cephalexin an antibiotic"
- What is Cephalexin?
- Cephalexin is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It is manufactured in the laboratory by the process known as fermentation and by general chemical reaction, and is classified as a semisynthetic antibiotic. Because the effectiveness of the antibiot...
- Is antibiotic cephalexin safe?
- The possible effects of taking no antibiotic (infection) are much worse than potential removal of your intestinal flora. However, you do voice a very real concern. You can do a few things to protect yourself from resistant bacteria. 1. Make...
- Does the antibiotic Cephalexin contain sulfa?
- no, its completly different chemically and in terms of how it works sulfa drugs inhibit the manufacture of folic acid in the bacteria, whereas cephalexin keeps the bacteria from makes a strong cell wall. A person can be allergic to each dru...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Does anyone know if cephalexin (antibiotic) has an effect on birth control pills?
- Q: I know some do and some don't but I can't remember if this is one of the ones that does. Thank you for your help.
- A: Yes!!! I was on the pill and took this antibiotic and ended up pregnant at 18. Use a back up method(condoms).
- how long does the antibiotic cephalexin stay good?
- Q: i need an antibiotic for a nasty infection on my ear and the only one i have is cephalexin that expired 6 months ago.
- A: That particular antibiotic may not be effective for your ear infection. Please don't use it - especially if it is expired. It is best to see your doctor for the appropriate med.
- How long does the antibiotic Cephalexin stay in your system after you are done taking it?
- Q: I took 500 mg capsules of Cephalexin every 4 hours for about 6 days. AND PLEASE BE SPECIFIC, AS IN DIRECTLY ANSWERING THE QUESTION, NOT JUST SAYING A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE DRUG.
- A: Keflex (cephalexin) is fully excreted from your system (via the kidneys) in under 8 hours.It is water soluble and flushes out in your urine. It does not linger in the body at all.
Prev Question: What is doxylamine
People also view