How long after taking antibiotics can you consume alcohol
Alcohol can tamper with the excretion process of the antibiotics, so you should wait until they've been broken down by the liver. The length of time for that varies depending on the kind of antibiotic. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-after-taking-antibiotics-can-you-consume-alcohol )
More Answers to "How long after taking antibiotics can you consume alcohol"
- How long should you wait to drink alcohol after taking antibiotic...?
- It all Depends on what kind of alcohol you drink and what kind of antibiotics you take. If your liver is generally healthy, you can begin drinking alcohol right after you stop..just be sure to be taking some sort of probiotic while you are ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long before and after taking antibiotics do you have to wait to consume alcohol?
- Q: I drank before I took antibiotics and I wanted to know if that would effect the treatment and also how long do you have to wait after taking antibiotics to drink
- A: Alcohol has absolutely no effect on the following antibiotices: penicillin, amixicillin, augmentin, clindamycin, keflex, and almost all others. Anyone that tells you otherwise is referencing an old wives tale they heard third hand fifteen years ago. I work for a doctor who prescibes ABTs on a regular basis. Alcohol is nothing to worry about. Antibiotics do negate oral contraceptives, though.
- How long before I can consume alcohol after my four wisdom teeth were extracted?
- Q: I had my wisdom teeth (all of them) extracted yesterday afternoon (Thursday) and I am hoping to go to a friends party tomorrow night (Saturday). My dental surgeon never said anything about not drinking alcohol after the surgery, however everything I've read says to give it at least 24 hours for the blood clots to mature. Considering the party will have been over 48 hours since my surgery, does anyone see any problems with alcohol consumption? Also, it should be known that I am not taking the pain medicine (Vicodin) anymore due to me not being in that much pain, so I don't see a problem with the medicines. I am still on the antibiotics though. Thanks for your help.
- A: As long as you are no longer bleeding at all you can consume alcohol. The alcohol, however, can and will diminish the positive effects of the antibiotic you are taking.Dr. Todd
Prev Question: What drug is DMX
People also view