How do you make a splint
Find something rigid to use as supports to make the splint such as sticks boards or rolled up newspapers. If none can be found use a rolled blanket or clothing. An injured body part can also be taped to an uninjured body part in order to prevent it from moving ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-make-a-splint )
More Answers to "How do you make a splint"
- Definition A splint is a device used for holding a part of the body stable and motionless to prevent pain and further injury. Alternative Names Splint - instructions Considerations The purpose of a splint is to protect a wounded body part f...
- ･ 1 Begin by treating any cuts or lacerations, which should be cleaned as completely as possible. Any foreign... ･ 2 Find something rigid that is long enough to extend beyond the injured area in both directions. An uninjured... ･ 3 Place th...
- Medical Glossary related to How to make a splint:
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do you know if you have shin splints?
- Q: I have a pain in my right shin, I am wondering what it is. It pinches when I walk and doesnt hurt if I am wearing an ankle brace...But I dont wear an ankle brace for everyday use so I am wondering what I can do about my shin's. What is wrong with them? And can I run with them?
- A: it's very possible that you have shinsplints. your calf muscle contracts and pulls the top and bottom of your shin bone and since bone doesn't bend, it hurts.EXCELLENT REMEDY: stretch your calves by standing on a step (like you're going up the stairs) with your heels hanging off the edge. push your heels down as far as you can for as long as you can. it feels so great afterwards. this is a wonderful stretch, so try to work it into your warmup and cooldown before and after you work out.
- How can I make a splint more comfortable?
- Q: I was put in a splint yesterday and it was starting to kill the side of my hand near my wrist. How can I make the splint more comfortable since I'm going to be in it for sometime. I'm willing to try almost anything because it felt like it was tearing into my hand little by little. If anyone could give me some reasonable, yet good, suggestions I would appreciate it.
- A: If the splint is hurting you more, then it was put on incorrectly. Don't let the doctors tell you it's fine; it's not. Return to the ER or wherever and make them re-splint you. Splints are uncomfortable, but never supposed to be painful.
- It possible to make a splint for a toe so it wont hurt as much?
- Q: im wonderin cause apparently my toe isnt broken, and how could i make a splint for it? would it be like when my dad had to do that to my finger using popsical sticks and tape?and its my big toe
- A: First you get a box of Popsicles and a roll of medical tape. Eat a Popsicle to make you feel better. Take the stick and break it in two pieces the length of your toe, being sure to trim off the jagged edges so you won't stab your toe and make more pain. Put one piece on the top and one piece on the bottom of the toe and wrap it with medical tape. Take more tape and tape that toe to the toe next to it so it won't wiggle. Toes are a little bit different than fingers, but it's the same principle.
Prev Question: How to get rid of dark circles under your eyes
People also view