Why would someone have a low white blood cell count
A low white blood cell count usually is caused by one of the following; Viral infections that disrupt bone marrow function, MORE ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-would-someone-have-a-low-white-blood-cell-count )
More Answers to "Why would someone have a low white blood cell count"
- Why Would Someone Have A Low White Blood Cell Count?
- A low white cell count usually is no concern or an indicator of underlying condition unlike a high count.A high count can be associated with infection.A low count can sometimes be a sign of aids.
- What causes low white blood cell count?
- Several things can cause a low white blood cell count. Some include viral infection, auto-immune disorders such as HIV/AIDS, along with drugs, cancer or congenital disorders with the bone marrow. It is often found when doctors request blood...
- Why would you have a low white blood cell count?
- Normal white blood cell count is about 4.3 to 8.10. White blood cells can go down from many conditions and certain medications. The main purpose of WBCs is to fight infection so if they are decreased your body may not be able to fight off i...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why would a baby be born with low white blood cell count and a lung infection.?
- Q: The mother is in good health and took good care of herself.
- A: Sometimes when babies born vaginally they can catch some bacteriae that are part of the normal vaginal canal of themother even if the mother took well care, but because baby' immune system is not as strong as the adult they can not fight it well.In other cases, babies can even aspirate their own fetal stool when they are even in the mom's belly but that condition is more serious and give the baby more symptoms.The most important thing is to examine the baby and see the factors that coud have give it because in medicine you can have many options.
- Why would my white blood cell count be low?
- Q: My doctors cannot give me a reason other than "sometimes this is because of a virus in the body". ................................. It's been this way for over a year now. I've never had any previous medical problems except for recurring ear infections when I was a child.I mean just look at me........ I think I have PLENTY of white cells. LOL ... bad joke.
- A: Being over weight and a poor diet can cause lower white blood cell counts. Some people of African descent have lower white blood counts naturally (not applicable to you but I put it in for others). Usually there is no need for concern provided your blood count doesn't drop lower or suddenly. There are also some medical conditions that can cause low white blood cell counts like AIDS, cancer, leukemia, and bone marrow disease. Also some treatments can cause low blood counts like radiation therapy, chemotherapy and antibiotics. The latter two reasons are unlikely without you knowing. And some people just have low white blood cell counts.
- what would cause a baby to have a high fever and low white blood cell count?
- Q: my nieces babys was in the er last night and he had 105 temp and they said his white cell count was low.What could this mean?
- A: It just a cold the baby is still developing it's immune system
Prev Question: How many people have died from swine flu
People also view