Why does my knee hurt
Overuse knee injuries can cause knee pain. Doing a lot of running or jumping when you haven't exercised in awhile can cause pain. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-does-my-knee-hurt )
More Answers to "Why does my knee hurt"
- Place some hot moist towels around it. Take a towel, soak it with hot water, ring it out and wrap it around your knee. You'll have to do this a few times to reap the benefits. Afterwards, massage some Aspercream all around and it should fee...
- You may be experiencing a softening and slow breakdown of the cartilage under the kneecap. This condition may be called chondromalacia or patellofemoral syndrome. Anterior knee pain can also be known as "runner's knee." Read more ...
- has it swollen up if yes may be crack if no it will be alright in 4 days just take rest don't play basketball for 4 days
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does my knee hurt after sitting for a while?
- Q: I'm 18 years old and I do sports. I really don't have any problems with my knee while running, jumping... The problem is, when I sit in a position where my legs are very bent and cant be stretched. After an hour my knees start to hurt a lot. If I stretch them and walk around a bit it gets better. I know its common for your knees to start to hurt in your in an awkward position for a long time, but mine start to hurt so much that its unbearable. Is there anything wrong and is there a way to ease the pain?
- A: This is happening because of your knee cap is not aligned all the way, so it is sitting against your leg bone. This is quite common, especially in young women. The actual medical term for it is chondromalacia patella. I myself have this due to an impact injury to my knee caps. They usually do surgery to correct this, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are having excrutiating pain. Other than that, the treatments are ibuprofen, stretch your legs out if you can to relieve the pressure, and another alternative is to get a knee brace that has a J shape around the kneecap to help realign the knee cap back to the center. Ice also helps, and some people tape their knee cap back to the center which relieves the pain as well. Good luck!
- Why does my knee hurt when it rains or gets stormy?
- Q: I had surgery on it twice(ACL/MPFL/TTT(Faulkerson) in December and in October 07. Ever since my knee starts to hurt when ever it rains. Why?
- A: Same here... Only one surgery, though. Actually, a lot of things hurt when the weather changes. I think that it has to do with the drop in temperature of the joint more than the humidity itself. Try keeping it warm. Wrap it or a soak in a hot bath... Works for me.
- Why does my knee hurt and what can I do about it?
- Q: About 2 weeks ago I hurt my foot, I dragged around for a couple days but rested it up over labor day weekend. Now my foot is fine but, my knee is all messed up. When I keep it imobolized it becomes stiff and painful. When I walk on it too long it gets horribly painful, shooting pains. I'm stumped.
- A: ice, stretch and buy a knee sleeve
Prev Question: Is poop supposed to float or sink
People also view