Why do people retain water
Most women do retain fluid just before their period and tend to get rid of the fluid during and after their period. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/why-do-people-retain-water )
More Answers to "Why do people retain water"
- What is water retention?
- Water retention is you retain water in the tissues of your body. Its symptoms are swelling of the area like your feet, legs, arms, etc. If you do have water retention your best bet is to see your doctor. There is a good reason for you to re...
- What Causes Water Retention?
- Water retention, or edema, has numerous causes. Sometimes these are mild illnesses or conditions, but at other times, water retention can suggest severe illnesses. Water retention may be expressed as puffy ankles, feet, wrists and arms, or ...
- Why am I retaining water?
- The reason you may be retaining water is because you're not drinking enough of it. The more water you drink, the less you will retain. I really don't think your weight gain has anything to do with the Fiber cereal. If anything the "reg...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Why does drinking a lot of water help you loose weight? Don't you retain water and gain weight?
- Q: When I go to the Diet & Fitness section, there's always people asking how to loose weight. In every question there's ALWAYS at least one answer that says something like "drink a lot of water". Why does drinking a lot of water help you loose weight? I thought that if you drink a lot of water, then you'll retain water and gain more weight.
- A: There are a few reasons why people should drink more water if they are trying to lose weight.One reason is because it keeps you fuller longer, making you less likely to eat out of bordome. Or body often confuses thirst for hunger. So sometimes when we feel hungry, it might really be our body telling us we're thirsty.Another reason is that if you are thirsty, water is the only drink without calories or artificial flavorings added. This is why you shouldn't drink diet sodas to lose weight. The artificial sugars (aspartame) have the same effect on the body as sugar: it isn't easily digested and is still stored.Another reason is that water helps move the toxins out of the body through the urinary tract and digestive tract. Have you ever noticed that if you drink more water you pee more?If you read any questions about constipation, most people will say to drink more water and eat more fiber. Fiber is like water in that it also helps the bowels move. However, it is water soluble, so it will only constipate you more unless you drink more water.If you eat or drink food with a high sodium intake, that is what causes you to retain water. That is why serious athletes drink gatorade when they run or train. They sweat, which is a release of salt. Gatorade has salt in it, which helps rehydrate the body, or retaining water. Contrary to belief, if you're going to exert yourself to the extreme, you need to replenish the electrolytes and vitamins so you don't become deficient.
- Why do people say tea is healthy, when it's diuretic and makes you retain water?
- A: Tea makes you thirsty because it gets rid of water from your body. Coffee is worse.Though the reason they say tea is good because scientists have found antioxidants in the tea that help combat cancer.Plus they taste good.
- Why does your body retain water when you are pregnant?
- Q: My friend id 8 months pregnant and drinks water like crazy but does not pee very often, she can still sleep through the night without having to get up? What makes you retain water and how does it change when you are pregnant? Where does it all go if she is not peeing?
- A: During pregnancy (starting in the 2nd trimester) your blood volume literally doubles (which means you have twice as much blood pumping through your body as you did before you were pregnant). Your body is also producing amniotic fluid througout pregnancy. This means that you need to consume more water than you did when you were not pregnant.
People also view