What is clamydia
Chlamydia is an STD caused by a bacteria. Most people have no symptoms, but it can cause damage to a woman's reproductive organs. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-clamydia )
More Answers to "What is clamydia"
- What is clamydia
- Hi, Chlamydia is a bacterium ('germ'). Chlamydia usually infects the urethra (water passage) in boys or men and girls or women, and also the cervix in girls or women ( cervicitis). Chlamydia can affect the reproductive organs (including the...
- What is chlamydia?
- Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by the bacterium, Chlamydia trachomatis , which can damage a woman's reproductive organs. Even though symptoms of chlamydia are usually mild or absent, serious complications th...
- How is chlamydia diagnosed?
- Chlamydia can be detected on material collected by swabbing the cervix during a traditional examination using a speculum, but noninvasive screening tests done on urine or on self-collected vaginal swabs are less expensive and sometimes mor...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Q: can you pleeease tell me the signs if you have clamydia?
- A: Chlamydia is known as a "silent" disease because about three quarters of infected women and about half of infected men have no symptoms. If symptoms do occur, they usually appear within 1 to 3 weeks after exposure.In women, the bacteria initially infect the cervix and the urethra (urine canal). Women who have symptoms might have an abnormal vaginal discharge or a burning sensation when urinating. When the infection spreads from the cervix to the fallopian tubes (tubes that carry fertilized eggs from the ovaries to the uterus), some women still have no signs or symptoms; others have lower abdominal pain, low back pain, nausea, fever, pain during intercourse, or bleeding between menstrual periods. Chlamydial infection of the cervix can spread to the rectum.Men or women who have receptive anal intercourse may acquire chlamydial infection in the rectum, which can cause rectal pain, discharge, or bleeding. Chlamydia can also be found in the throats of women and men having oral sex with an infected partner.HOPE THIS INFO GOOD REMEMBER USE PROTECTION I WORK IN A STD CLINIC I SEE IT EVERYDAY HOPE THIS INFO GOOD.
- What if i was treated and results came back negative, but my partner has clamydia?
- Q: i went to the doctor and got tested for std's...my results came back negative...i still took the medication...my boyfriend got tested and one doctor said it was a bacterial infection and another said it was clamydia. what should i do
- A: Sounds like your boyfriend cheated on you. If he didnt get it from you, where did he get it from?Both of you should abstain from sex until you BOTH test NEGATIVE for any pathogens.Please start having protected intercourse and get tested for HIV.
- What are my partners chances of getting Clamydia if I have it?
- Q: I went to get regular check up and the doc did a Clamydia test. I was tested positive. I don't know if it was from me or my partner, but if I was tested positive for Clamydia. What are the percent chances of my partner recieving it?. We have been together for 3 months.
- A: If you are not using protection....your partner will get it.
Prev Question: What is acute kidney failure
People also view