What is a cleft pallet
Cleft palate is a birth defect in which the roof of the mouth does not develop normally, leaving an opening to the nasal passage ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-cleft-pallet )
More Answers to "What is a cleft pallet"
- What is a cleft pallet?
- Someone with a cleft pallet is when they were in the womb, their mouth never completely finished forming so there is a fissure going along their roof of ther mouth
- How Is A Cleft Pallet Diagnosed In Puppy?
- A cleft palate is diagnosed on examination of the oral cavity. It is usually diagnosed very early in life as when the puppy nurses milk comes out the nose. This often leads to aspiration pneumonia and very sick puppies. Have your puppy exam...
- Is drainage , from the ear normal for cleft pallet?
- I have a cleft palate child and ear infections go with the syndrome. The tubes were put in to heal the eardrum and to help drainage. Sometimes infection will linger behind the eardrum. The eustation tube is not in the position for drainage ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it impossible to double tounge with a cleft pallet?
- Q: I play trombone, and I really think it cannot be done with a cleft pallet! I have a tiny hole in my soft pallet. Sometimes air will escape through. Is there any one out there that has the same problem?Or any some one who knows if it is do - able?Thank you,A frustrated musician.
- A: I admire your tenacity and desire! Trombone is a great instrument. I would encourage you to seek out an eye, ear, nose and throat Specialist or perhaps a dentist first and ask if there is something you can "wear" (insert into your mouth like a retainer or denture) that would seal the hole when playing the trombone. It may take input from both. I'm guessing that it may depend on where the perferation in your soft pallette is located as well. I know my gag reflex would probably rule out this option if the plate needed to go very far beyond my molars.I hope things work out for you, and here's a thought if you can't continue with trombone. I played trumpet for several years and then could no longer play because of orthodontic problems. The next day, my school music teacher put a string bass in my hands, and I've been playing bass professionally for over 35 years! Good bassists are hard to find, and it really is a gas to play.
- How would you define a cleft pallet?
- Q: I am just wondering if anyone actually knows what it is. Also can you tell me why someone would abort a child with a cleft pallet?
- A: Go to this website... it is really quite sad, but some babies are born with this... I think someone would abort a child with this because they feel bad and would not want the child to suffer... but I personally wouldn't ever abort a child. So yeah, this website gives a much better explanation than I could :) so I hope this helps!
- Will my kitten die if it has a cleft pallet?
- Q: My kittens were just born today and we are pretty sure that one of them has a cleft pallet. Is there anything that we can do? Will he die?
- A: hi I'm not sure whether it will live or die,but some have to be a certain age before they can be operated on,first take it to the vet,but in the mean time here is a site on how to rear a kitten with a cleft pallet..good luck i hope all goes well.http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/resources/articles/cats/040-01.htm
Prev Question: How do you get bot fly
People also view