What happens when your liver fails
A cardinal feature of liver failure is jaundice; the yellow pigmentation of skin and the whites of our eyes (sclera) that MORE? ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-happens-when-your-liver-fails )
More Answers to "What happens when your liver fails"
- What happens when your liver fails?
- I am a hospice care provider. I have been with many individuals who have taken their last breath after suffering liver failure. For the most part the nurse and the hospice doctor will give appropriate medication to help with breathing and c...
- What happens wen ur liver fails?
- When your liver totally fails, you die.
- What happens when your liver fails? What is it called? and why do...?
- ummmm...you die. You cannot live without a functioning liver. It filters the blood and without one deadly toxins build up over a matter or hours and your bodily functions soon shut down. Most often liver failure occurs gradually and over ma...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What happens when your liver fails? What is it called? and why does it happen?
- Q: lots of detail please
- A: ummmm...you die.You cannot live without a functioning liver. It filters the blood and without one deadly toxins build up over a matter or hours and your bodily functions soon shut down.Most often liver failure occurs gradually and over many years. However, a more rare condition known as acute liver failure occurs rapidly (in as little as 48 hours) and can be difficult to detect initially.The initial symptoms of liver failure are often ones that can be due to any number or conditions. Because of this, liver failure may be initially difficult to diagnose. Early symptoms includeNauseaLoss of appetiteFatigueDiarrheaHowever, as liver failure progresses, the symptoms become more serious, requiring urgent care. These symptoms includeJaundiceBleeding easilySwollen abdomenMental disorientation or confusion (known as hepatic encephalopathy)SleepinessComaThe number one substance that leads to liver failure is alcohol. Chronic alcoholism eventually leaves you with a dysfuntional liver. Other than alcoholic beverages, anything with alcohol in it does damages the liver. Hepatitis secondary to either infection or substance abuse. Paracetamol overdose. And a number of medicines in the market.
- What happens when your liver fails?
- Q: My boyfriends mother is dying from liver failure. She just got home from Hospice and now has 24 hour nurse care. This is my first time dealing with something like this and I know that you cannot live without your liver, it is a vital organ. I know that the livers primary function is to clean out all the toxic and harmful stuff we ingest. I know that you turn yellow and I know that you fill up with fluid and its mainly bile. What I want to know is, is she in pain?How long is she going to be like this for? Duration?She is very in and out of it, mainly sleeping, but she still has a bit of spunk left. Will she die while sleeping?Will it be a gasping for breath type of thing?I just don't want her to be in pain and I want to know if she is going to die peacefully.Please don't respond if your going to be inconsiderate about the whole thing. Please have a prayer for her as well :)
- A: I am a hospice care provider. I have been with many individuals who have taken their last breath after suffering liver failure. For the most part the nurse and the hospice doctor will give appropriate medication to help with breathing and control pain. If she has difficulty breathing use oxygen. It would be inappropriate to even predict how anyone could or would end their days here on yahoo answers or anywhere else for that matter. Take one day and at times just one hour at a time and focus on making her as comfortable as possible.May peace be with you and your family during this difficult time.
- What happens if ones Kidney's and liver fails both at once?
- A: The most proable answer............of course,u die!!........Kidney and liver play very important roles by means of producing enzymes and excreting waste products and (hence purifying blood) from the body..........Kidney failure and liver failure requires urgent medical attention............Dialysis and kidney transplant maybe the only option in kidney failure............Similarily Liver transplant maybe the only option in extreme liver failure.
People also view