What can cause dandruff
Dandruff is a disorder coming from neither too little moisture or too much oil.Its a form of skin inflammation with no known cause ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-can-cause-dandruff )
More Answers to "What can cause dandruff"
- Dandruff can be caused by both internal and external elements. Dandruff forms when skin cells on the scalp start to slough off prematurely. The body's natural process allows the scalp to shed skin cells automatically when they die, but if t...
- The cause of dandruff is fungus, a bacteria that you have to treat. It is not contageous, and can be effectively treated by some topical solutions, like Luxiq, and shampoos like Loprox. The dry scalp is caused due to environmental factors a...
- what causes dandruff- Not enough hair brushing - People who do not comb/brush their hair regularly have a slightly higher risk of having dandruff - this is because they are not aiding the shedding of skin that combing/brushing provides. Yea...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Can matted cat fur cause dandruff for my cat?
- Q: I have a middle-haired cat who I (accidentally) used waterless shampoo on her, causing her fur to become very matted. Recently, during the winter season, I am starting to notice some skin shedding, or dandruff on the back of the cat. Did the irritation from the waterless shampoo cause her to have dandruff? Should I try and comb her more frequently to try to get rid of the matted fur to see how her dandruff progresses? Thanks for the help!
- A: Awwww, poor kitty. Yes matted fur can cause dandruff on cats. Their skin sheds constantly just like ours. The matted fur makes that skin build up and kitty can't clean that area. I would take my kitty to the vet or groomer and have the mats removed.
- What are the best anti-dandruff hair products?
- Q: I would like to know what are the best shampoo/conditioner brands for anti-dandruff and the best hair greases or oils that won't cause dandruff. Thanks in advance!
- A: Nizoral is the best!
- How do I determine the cause of dandruff?
- Q: I have had dandruff for a long tim now and recently it has started getting very ithy. I do not know the cause but would like to fix it. Anyone know how I can determine the cause? Are there any tests I can do at a doctors to determine this?
- A: I would suggest you to first understand what is dandruff scientifically.What is Dandruff?Dandruff is a condition that occurs when the scalp sheds its skin as flakes in hair and on clothing. Dandruff flakes grow in size with the accumulation of dirt and oil.Dandruff does not cause hair loss.If dandruff persists, or if very large flakes are present, with symptoms showing around your nose, ears, or chest, you should see a doctor. You may be experiencing symptoms of seborrhea, psoriasis, or eczema.Symptoms of DandruffThe most common symptom of dandruff is itching and excessive flaking of the scalp.Can Dandruff be Treated?Dandruff cannot be cured, but it can be controlled.Common ways to treat dandruff include: * Shampoo daily with an over-the-counter anti-dandruff shampoo. o Active ingredients in some popular products include: Zinc Pyrithione, Climbazole, Octopirox and Ketoconazole. * Use a hair conditioner to smooth out tangles. * Anti-dandruff shampoo prescribed by your doctor.What causes Dandruff?The exact cause of dandruff is unknown. However, some of the conditions below may cause dandruff. * Dry skin. o Dry skin is the most common cause of itchy, flaking skin. Flakes from dry skin are usually smaller and less oily than those caused by dandruff. * Seborrheic dermatitis. o Seborrheic dermatitis is a frequent cause of dandruff. Dandruff caused by seborrheic dermatitis is characterized by red, greasy skin covered with flaky white or yellow scales. * Psoriasis. o Psoriasis causes an accumulation of dead skin cells that form thick silvery scales. It can occur on your scalp, forehead, neck, arms. knees, elbows, trunk, and neck. * Cradle cap o Cradle cap causes a scaling, crusty scalp. It is most common in newborns. * Contact dermatitis. o Sometimes sensitivities to certain hair-care products or hair dyes can cause a red, itchy, scaling scalp.
Prev Question: How do people laugh
People also view