What are symptoms of syphilis
Syphilis develops in four stages, each with a different set of symptoms. During the primary stage of syphilis, a sore (chancre) that is usually painless develops at the site where the bacteria entered the body. This commonly occurs within 3 weeks ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-symptoms-of-syphilis )
More Answers to "What are symptoms of syphilis"
- Different Stages of Syphilis The symptoms which occur depend on which stage of syphilis a person is going through. In the primary stage (2-3 weeks after initial exposure) : painless sores called chancres appear, and disappear about 4-6 week...
- The first stage of syphilis is called primary syphilis and usually occurs 10 days to 3 months after exposure. In men, the first sign of syphilis may be a sore on the penis. In women, the first sign may be a sore around or inside the vagina....
- The initial infection causes an ulcer at the site of infection. The bacteria, however, move throughout the body, damaging many organs over time. Medical experts describe the course of the disease by dividing it into four stages-primary, sec...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What causes symptoms of syphilis?
- Q: I was just wondering why and how this disease causes all of the symptoms acossiated with syphilis, and what happens with the infected tissues.
- A: Syphilis, which is caused by the bacteria Treponema pallidum, typically first appears as a sore on the area where there has been sexual contact with the infected person. If the infection goes untreated, it can progress to affect the entire body. That's why it's important to talk to your doctor if you think that you may have syphilis or if you have engaged in any behavior that would put you at risk for developing the disease. Syphilis typically has three stages - primary, secondary, and late (tertiary). There are different symptoms at each stage of the infection.Primary :There is a small sore which is painless in genital,where sexually transmitted disesase take place.and enlarge lymph node in groin and may disappear without treatment but relapse and causes secondary infection.Secondary :penny sized sore in any part of your body which is rash marked,fever,soreness and pain in bones or joint.it may disappear but reappear after a year or so.Tertiary:Cardiovascular problems :inflammation of the aorta and other blood vesels. and Neurologic problems :poor muscle coordination,paralysisThe signs and symptoms of syphilis are myriad; before the advent of serological testing, diagnosis was more difficult and the disease was dubbed the "Great Imitator" because it was so often confused with other diseases.
- What are signs or symptoms of syphilis? and when do you get the symptoms?
- Q: also do dr.s ever mistake syphilis for herpes?
- A: First, no doctors never make that mistake because they have very different charachteristics eg. Shape tenderness...... The symptoms of sphylis firstly is a very red spot rash usually on the groin (itchy) if sexually transmitted. Further symptoms are flu like and eventually if left untreated, your body will go into sepsis and you will die. So treament is essential. A shot of penicillin is administered.
- What are the side effects or symptoms of syphilis?
- Q: my friend came to me the other day about how she now has syphilils i know its an std but inform me on it b/c i have no clue..
- A: blisters nasty blisters that spread get on some meds
People also view