What are signs that your kidneys are failing
Signs and symptoms of acute kidney failure can include decreased urine output, fluid retention, causing swelling in your legsMORE? ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-signs-that-your-kidneys-are-failing )
More Answers to "What are signs that your kidneys are failing"
- What are the signs of failing kidneys?
- Decreased urine output, although occasionally urine output remains normal Fluid retention, causing swelling in your legs, ankles or feet Drowsiness Shortness of breath Fatigue Confusion Seizures or coma in severe cases Sometimes nausea and ...
- What Are the Signs & Symptoms that kidneys are starting to fa...?
- When the kidneys start to deteriorate, waste products including urea, protein and creatinine will accumulate in the body. Creatinine, a breakdown product of muscle, is usually an indicator for the degree of kidney failure. Creatinine rises ...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what are the signs of failing kidneys?
- A: Decreased urine output, although occasionally urine output remains normal Fluid retention, causing swelling in your legs, ankles or feet Drowsiness Shortness of breath Fatigue Confusion Seizures or coma in severe cases Sometimes nausea and vomiting due to abnormal electrolytesA simple lab test can tell you within 4 hours.
- Is this a sign my kidneys maybe failing?
- Q: I am a female at the age of 25, and I am having this problem of my urine smelling funny. I drink plenty of water and I drink cranberry juice because I think that the water isn't enough by itself. My urine is clear and it still have that funny smell which I believe is the smell of ketones. Is there something I can do or could it be that my kidneys could be failing. I want to go to the doctoer but if there is something that I can do i would like to try that first.
- A: I'm sorry you didn't describe the smell. It may not be ketones at all. You haven't mentioned pain, fever, or the color of your urine. That it is clear is a good sign. Ketonuria isn't a sign of kidney failure. If your kidneys were failing, you wouldn't be producing much urine at all. You may be overly concerned about nothing but for your own piece of mind and to rule out any actual disorder, make that appointment for a visit.
- How would you know if your kidney is failing / failed?
- Q: When I was little, my utter tube was blocked to my kidney and I had about a year worth of surgery to fix everything. When everything was finished, my left kidney was functioning at 14%. However, the doctors said as long as it functions at all, i'll be alright for the rest of my life. I'm way to scared to go back to the hospital, I don't want to relive it ever again. I'm having some pain now that I'm having a hard time localizing, it feels like it could be anywhere from my lower left abdominal region to my lower left side. I had the pain a couple days ago but it went away. Then it started back up again and it's scaring me.Are there any signs to know if your kidney is failing / failed? Also, what does appendasitis feel like? The pains only a 4-5 on the pain scale. It's a very dull but consistant pain. Please don't tell me to go to the doctors or hospital because I decided long ago I would rather die instead of going backThe point is to make peace before I go. My past surgerys ruined my life and I don't ever want to relive them. I just want to know what to expect.
- A: having been an icu nurse for 32 yrs, you will have to go to a doctor to have some blood drawn to determine your kidney function. if that lab is abormal, the dr might order a 24hr urine test to check the creatinine clearance..all you have to do for this test is save your urine in a container for. 24 hrs. this test determines how well your kidneys are removing the toxins from your blood. when toxins build-up in the blood, it makes you act "kind of crazy". your whole body is trying to function on tainted blood (including your brain). sounds as if that may already be happening from the sound of your blog.
People also view