Can a person that is lactose intolerant have skim milk
All milk contains the same amount of lactose. Other milk products contain different amounts of lactose in them. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-a-person-that-is-lactose-intolerant-have-skim-milk )
More Answers to "Can a person that is lactose intolerant have skim milk"
- What if a lactose intolerant person continues consuming milk and ...?
- It doesn't sound like you're lactose intolerant. You may just be a bit sensitive to lactose. I had issues with lactose intolerance when I was child. My symptoms were stomach cramping and a need to urinate but nothing would come out. There a...
- What's the best milk substitute can you recommend for a lactose i...?
- I had to switch away from cow milk when I realized it was making me sleepy. I fell asleep in a performance review at work after drinking milk. It almost cost me my job. So I looked for a tasty alternative. I tried many brands and types of a...
- Will a lactose intolerant person not get the same benefits from m...?
- There is nothing beneficial to making yourself sick when you don't need milk at all. You're far better off drinking less of the lactose free milk than you are suffering through regular milk because it's cheaper. There are plenty of other (a...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Is it better for a person that is lactose intolerant to drink skim or 2% milk instead of whole milk?
- Q: Would it reduce bloating/discomfort/gas for a person that is lactose intolerant to drink skim or 2% milk or is all type of homogenized milk the same?
- A: No, its actually worse. When you take the milk fat out of milk, you are left with Whey, that is then milk sugar. Lactose Intolerant (LI) people are not allergic to the milk fat, but the milk sugar. So really, the more fat there is the better because it coats the sugar making it easier to digest. This is why most LI people can eat some hard cheeses, all the whey is taken out just leaving the milk fat that makes up the cheese.Oh, so you know, if you LI, before you eat something, look to see there is no whey. Lots of people who are LI dont know this, but THAT is the milk fat.<edit> to clear things uplactose= milk sugar= wheyAll the same thing
Prev Question: What is uremia
People also view