What tree has acorns on it
Oak trees can start producing acorns when they are 20 years old, but sometimes they can go all the way to 50 years . ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-tree-has-acorns-on-it )
More Answers to "What tree has acorns on it"
- How to Grow Oak Trees From Acorns.
- Summary: Learn how to plant live oak tree acorns with better growing potential with expert tips on growing oak trees in this free gardening video.
- What kind of tree produces acorns?
- An acorn is a nut from the oak tree.
- Are acorns tree nuts?
- Acorns are the seed of the oak tree.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I make oak tree acorns grow?
- Q: I've collected a lot of oak tree acorns and planted them expecting to have seedlings. So far, I've not had any of them sprout. (various times during the year). I've used both garden potting soils and yard dirt as the planting mediums. I've planted them deep and shallow, tops and bottoms down, and sideways but nothing sprouts. Should I freeze the acorns first to simulate winter? Thanks for any suggestions.
- A: Grow them in your house where there is a constant temperature. Use a growing set from your local garden center and use artificial light. Remember grade school. We always got them to grow. If they need a little help split the top of the nut with a knife.
- my oak tree has produced acorns every year is producing a round balls cut open looks like a fruit one seed ?
- Q: it is healthy just this weird things single and as many as 4 in a cluster
- A: They could be oak galls.look athttp://www.ento.psu.edu/extension/factsheets/gallsOnOak.htmhttp://www.gtcd.org/cgi-bin/content/content.cgi?db=content&uid=default&ww=on&id=314&view_records=1http://bexar-tx.tamu.edu/HomeHort/F1Column/2004Articles/DEC5.htmthey are the tree's reaction to insects and usually do not harm the overall health of the treeIf in doubt, cut off a sample and take it to your county extension office.
- If u have 3 Pine trees in ur backyard.And each pine tree has 50 acorns on it.How many acorns can fall off tree?
- A: Pine trees have pine cones, not acorns, so unless you have some idiot squirrels or something, NO acorns will fall off any of the pine trees.
People also view