What are taper candles
Taper candles are tall, thin candles, which burn for varying lengths of time, depending on the height of the candle. MORE? ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-are-taper-candles )
More Answers to "What are taper candles"
- What are Taper Candles?
- Taper candles are tall, thin candles, which burn for varying lengths of time, depending on the height of the candle. When people think of candles, taper candles are often what spring to mind, since they are extremely common and very widely ...
- How to Make Taper Candles
- ･ 1 Prepare a taper dipper to use so that you can safely dip your wicks to create taper candles. You can... ･ 2 Set up your melting pot and melt wax in it until it reaches 150 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The higher... ･ 3 Add any type of col...
- How to Straighten Crooked Taper Candles
- ･ 1 Choose your heat source. You can warm the wax of your candles in the oven, in a pot of boiling water... ･ 2 Warm the wax. Set your oven at the lowest possible setting, under 180 degrees, put the candle into... ･ 3 Use your fingers to ge...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What can I use to make my taper candles stand straight?
- Q: My candles and candle holders are not all the right sizes and my candles all lean. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make them stand straight? Is there anything you can buy to put in the base of the holder that will secure the candle in place?
- A: I have wrapped tapers with a bit of aluminum foil, hidden in the holder so that it doesn't show outside. You don't have to worry about it catching fire or anything like that. I have also taken one of those bic sticks to the bottom of the taper and melted it just a bit so that when inserted into the holder, it's "stuck" in place with itself.
- I need to find wide taper candles for my wedding. The need to be about 1 3/8 in or so. Anybody know, not ebay?
- Q: I need to get about 14 drip-less, wide, taper candles for our wedding. They need to be about 1 3/8 inch wide and taller than 4 inches. Does anybody have any idea where I might find such a thing. I have looked on ebay and nothing.
- A: Try these,www.candle4less.comwww.bridalpeople.comwww.thefind.com:-)
- Can a candle mold be used as a dipping vat for taper candles? I need something tall and narrow?
- Q: I know I could use my pouring pot, but I would need to melt a much larger amount of wax to fill it to the desired height.
- A: Yes, you can use a pillar mold as a dipping vat. We have used 6" x 9" metal molds with the wick holes plugged to make 6" dipped tapers for a special order. We set it on a thermostatically controlled griddle to keep the wax warm.Hope this helps!
Prev Question: How dirty is toilet bowl water
People also view