How do you get stains off of a wall
Depending on type of stain, start with a Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. Permanent stains will need primer such as Kilz then repainted. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-get-stains-off-of-a-wall )
More Answers to "How do you get stains off of a wall"
- How can i get stains off of walls?
- Cleaning is going to take a lot of effort and time. You are much better off painting. It dries fast and with small rollers you will be done in a few min. Quick fix cleaners never work and might make the paint fade from the scrubbing.
- How Do You Get Grease Stains Off Of Painted Walls??
- The best way to cut grease on painted walls is to use an ammonia solution. To make this mixture, take 1 cup of ammonia and mix it in 8 cups of water. Then dip a sponge in this solution and wipe your walls. Make sure your sponge is not too w...
- How do I get stains off of flat wall paint?
- I've done a lot of painting in the past few years. This year I noticed that they have come out with washable flat paint for the kitchen and bath. You might want to try this if you re-paint. I would suggest using a primer sealer underneath i...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- What is the best way to get hair color stains off the shower wall and bathroom walls?
- Q: I am considering buying brown hair color and doing my own hair instead of going to the salon. However, I know that it splatters on the shower wall and bathroom wall and makes a brown stain. When this happened in the past, it was almost impossible to get off. Do you have any suggestions how to get hair color stains off walls? I'd love to not have to make the salon rich!
- A: I've dyed my hair countless times, in countless colours, so I know what you're talking about. Make sure you clean up any spots while you're applying the dye. Sometimes having a friend help you dye your hair is a really good idea, especially if you tend to be messy. Your friend can put the dye in more carefully, and you can look out for messes. While you're waiting for the dye to set in, clean up any splatters you might have missed. It's really important to get rid of any stains as soon as they can, before they start to set. I haven't really had any problems in the shower. While you're washing your hair, splash a bit of clean water on the sides of the tub and walls... if somehow you get a stain on there, I'd recommend just putting a bit of baking soda on a wet sponge and scrubbing the spot. Good luck!
- how to clean blood stains off wall?
- Q: ok, i spent two weeks wallpapering my sisters house for her and two days ago her son decides to cut himself for some reason. anyway, he got blood all over the wall (white porous wallpaper) and the stains are everywhere. how do i get the stains off or do i have to repaper the whole thing because of him?
- A: try soda! yes regular pepsi or coke! works really well! it's the acid in the pop that does the work and it does a pretty good one too!
- How can I get vegetable oil stains off a wall with matt paint on it?
- Q: I accidentally splashed vegetable oil on my matt painted walls while filling my deep fat fryer. It has left stains on my wall that I can't get out with water. I'm afraid to scrub at it too hard, cus I don't want to take off the paint....Can anyone suggest how I can get it off the wall without repainting?
- A: You could try a little Dawn on a rag, as Dawn is designed to cut through grease. The best way, however, to take care of an oily stain like that is to prime the spot with an oil-based primer and repaint. If you keep scrubbing, you will begin to remove the paint.The problem with matte or flat finishes is that they show everything! If this is in a kitchen, repaint with kitchen and bath paint. Good luck!
People also view