How do you fix a squeaky dryer
First, lubricate the pulleys that the belt rides on. They may be the source of the squeak. Then, if necessary, try to tighten MORE ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-fix-a-squeaky-dryer )
More Answers to "How do you fix a squeaky dryer"
- ･ 1 Disconnect the power to the dryer. This can be done by simply unplugging the dryer completely, or by... ･ 2 Pull the dryer away from the wall. You will need to be able to work behind and in front of it, so try... ･ 3 Remove the access p...
- My clothes dryer (Frigidaire Crown Series Heavy Duty) started making an incredibly loud squeaky sound. From my research on the Internet, I surmised that the problem was due to a defective rear bearing assembly. DISCLAIMER: Depending on the ...
- How to Fix a Squeaky Dryer. When your dryer starts to squeak, it can be incredibly annoying and troubling. Most people don't have any idea what is wrong with the dryer, and they wonder if they are making the problem worse by using it. There...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I fix a squeaky dryer?
- Q: I have a GE dryer model dvl223eaoww. I've checked the tensioner & it moves freely w/no noise. The same for the shaft on the motor. There are no rollers for the drum to turn on, just a couple plastic clips to keep it aligned. When I turn the drum manually, it squeaks at one point in the revolution and is okay until that spot comes around again.
- A: Check the rubbing felts are not worn in that one spot or try some type of grease or candle wax on it.
- how do I fix a squeaky dryer belt?
- A: First, lubricate the pulleys that the belt rides on. They may be the source of the squeak. Then, if necessary, try to tighten the tension of the belt a small amount. Finally, if it still squeaks ,go to an automotive store and buy a small spray can of belt lubricant. Apply just a small amount to slightly soften the belt , not to lubricate anything. It will also lengthen the life of the belt.
- How do I fix my squeaky maytag dryer?
- Q: Before I take it apart what am I looking for, it's a very loud squeal and goes the whole time the clothes are spinning.
- A: Most Maytag dryers use teflon slide strips mounted on small platforms connected to the front panel to support the front edge of the dryer drum, as well as the rollers for the back edge. You can sometimes lubricate the roller shafts at the rear, but usually will have to replace the teflon slide material. If they are damaged when you get it apart, take your model number and brand, of course and go to the nearest parts supply house. They're not very expensive. You should also lube the belt idler pulley shaft while you're inside.
Prev Question: What is the best way to light a charcoal grill
People also view