How can you get oil stains out
Before washing, lay fabric flat & apply dry baby powder or cornstarch liberally to the oil, let sit 12-24 hours until absorbed. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-can-you-get-oil-stains-out )
More Answers to "How can you get oil stains out"
- ･ 1 Blot the oil stain with paper towels, replacing the towels as they become soiled with the oil. Blot... ･ 2 Cover the stain in liquid dishwashing detergent. Choose a detergent that contains no fragrance or dye. ･ 3 Blot the detergent wit...
- Try Dawn dishwashing liquid. Or try putting some baking soda on there to absorb the oil and then just brush off with a clean dry rag. gram
- Use spray and wash, let soak about 10 minutes, then launder.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do you get oil stains off the driveway?
- Q: I have been purchasing products that claim they will work but they don't.
- A: Some regular dish soap works almost as good as any product that claims it'll remove oil stains. The other thing you could try is a pressure washer. If you don't have a pressure washer, you could have a professional steam pressure wash the oil stains.
- How do you remove oil stains out of driveway?
- Q: How do you get old oil stains out of a white cement driveway? The stains are about 6 months old and we already tried dish washing liquid and this stuff you buy from the store. We can't seem to get them up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
- A: Try cat litter(fresh) and rub it in with boots...
- How can I get salad oil stains out of clothing?
- Q: I was feeding my daughter some pasta salad at a cookout a couple weeks ago and I got (she got) some of the salad oil on her dark pink shirt. I washed the shirt but there remains a darkened spot from where the oil was. I'm assuming that means the oil is still in the clothing. How do I get the oil stains out of clothing I already washed? And for next time, how do I treat the stain before I toss it in the washer? Thanks so much!
- A: Hi..i would try hand cleaner like the mechanics use. It is cheap and can be bought at Walmart or Canadian tire. Rub it on, let sit for a half hour, then wash as usual. I use it for all kinds of stains. u can still try it even though u washed it already. i recently tried a pre soak spray on a baby blanket i had made to get a grease stain out. i washed it and it looked the same so i used the hand cleaner and it removed the stain.
People also view