Can you paint over latex paint with enamel paint
You can paint over latex with enamel but you will need to give the surface a light sand, clean and prime it. Make sure to use mask ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-paint-over-latex-paint-with-enamel-paint )
More Answers to "Can you paint over latex paint with enamel paint"
- Can you use latex enamel paint over oil base enamel??
- Not directly. You will need to use a primer made to adhere to oil and will accept a latex topcoat.
- Can You Paint Latex Paint over Enamel?
- From personal experience I know that latex does not bond well to enamel paint. You can sand the enamel-based surface lightly, or prime it with something like Benjamin Moore's "Fresh Start," and that will cedrtainly help, but the s...
- What can I do to correct? previous owner painted oil based enamel...?
- Whats peeling is it the latex or the oil? Oil never usually peels off latex..however I have seen oil soften latex paint causing it to peel or bubble. as posted above sanding lightly to remove the damage the spot fill and reprime with oil u...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what is the advantage,if any,of latex enamel paint over latex paint?
- Q: can you also apply latex enamel over latex?i am assuming so.
- A: you can apply any latex paint over any existing latex paint ,you have better maintenance with latex enamel ,over say, latex flat .its washable and better suited for traffic areas ,kids room etc. enamel is available in different sheens as well satin ,semi and high gloss ....
- HELP ! We mistakenly painted with latex over enamel paint....?
- Q: Now the latex is peeling off - do we have to take off all the latex paint or can we paint over it with an enamel paint ???Thanks (and check out www.BBWLuv.com)
- A: You will need to remove as much of the peeling paint as you can. This will prevent the new coat from peeling. Recoat with oil based primer or water based primer that is designed to stick to glossy surfaces then apply top coat of paint. Water based paint can go over oil based primers. Don't let anyone tell you other wise and is the best choice.
- i am painting over high gloss enamel paint with latex paint - is there any paint that sticks without sanding?
- Q: i am painting over some high gloss enamel paint with latex paint - is there any paint that sticks without sanding all the gloss off the previous surface? i have painted some doors with hi gloss latex paint - they had previously had a nasty coat of gloss enamel on them - i sanded the gloss off but the paint didn't stick - i bump it and the paint just peels off, is there any sort of caustic paint that will eat into the enamel surface and STICK ? thanks!
- A: yes, C.I.L. problem sover, or C.I.L. Smart paint, I,ve used this paint for yr,s It is the best primer I have ever used.
Prev Question: What gets stains out of carpeting
People also view