What is a spin class
Spin class is a group exercise session usually offered at health clubs in which participants ride stationary bicycles at varying speeds and resistance settings for extended periods of time, like 30 min or an hour. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-a-spin-class )
More Answers to "What is a spin class"
- What's with the bikes? spin class
- It definitely takes some getting used to...I just got back from a spin class. The seats do suck...you can buy a gel seat cover that will help some. Some of the instructors will not shut-up...I also hate that. There's no coasting on a spin b...
- General Cycling Discussion - Spin Class music - what do you like??
- Bikeforums.net is a forum about nothing but bikes. Our community can help you find information about hard-to-find and localized information like bicycle tours, specialties like where in your area to have your recumbent bike serviced, or w...
- How many calories will I burn in a spin class?
- The number of calories depends on a number of factors, including your weight and the intensity at which you exercise. Research indicates that on average participants burn about 400-500 calories in a 40 min workout.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How much distance would be covered on a spin bike class at a novice level?
- Q: I am training for a novice Triathlon(short one for breast cancer research) and have been attending beginers spin classes, which I enjoy. It goes for 1 hour and this included warm up and cool down. The Instructors have no idea what distance is covered in a class.
- A: It varies, as Bob said, but you can figure you are doing from 12 to 16 miles. Before the day of the Johnny G Spinner we used to do this in the winter on our bikes mounted on wind trainers, and some of us would use cycle computers with the pickup mounted on the rear wheel, which would record distance.As a beginner, you might be doing 12 miles. We used to do 16 to 18 miles in a hour, not counting warm up or cool down time. Are you actually riding for the entire hour in class or does this include warm up and cool down? If it does, then you are riding 8 to 10 miles a the outside.You can do the world of communications a lot of good by helping people understand that triathlon only has 3 syllables tri-ath-lon. Drives me crazy to hear so many people pronouncing it as if it had another a in it: tri-ath-A-lon.Good luck in your triathlon -- good charity.
- What are an good pair of shoes for spin class?
- Q: I have been taking a spin class regularly for about 2 months now, and am interested in investing in some spin shoes. What are a good brand of spin shoes? I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on them, but I do want something that is going to be worth it. Do the shoes make a serious difference? As of now I am using a normal pair of sneakers.
- A: You can get a pair of Shimano MT-31 or MT-21 shoes for around $40.You can find other brands on sale for around that price. You probably want SPD shoes and clips. Check with you instructor.Nashbar and Performance usually have good deals.http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/SubCategory_10053_10052_200383_-1_200275_200297http://www.performancebike.com/shop/sub_cat.cfm?subcategory_id=2120If you have a bike get a set of SPT pedals for it and they include the cleats. Other wise you need to buy the separate cleats. Clippless shoes will allow you to use more muscles in you legs and will tone them more then just wearing sneakers. You will also burn more calories for that same reason.
- What should I eat before spin class?
- Q: I take a spin class daily at 4:30 which is typically 3-4 hours after my lunch (usually turkey on wheat bread with mustard, apple, and some hi protein trail mix). What should I eat before class to give me a "pick me up" and provide adequate energy to get me through the class? And, how long before class should I eat it?
- A: Something with carbs with 150-200 calories - a cliff bar, bagel, banana, 1 cup of cereal, 1-2 cookies. Eat it 45min -1hr before you start your spinning class.
People also view