How do you work out your pectoralis major
The bench press works the overall chest and triceps muscles, as well as Seated Chest Press's. Good Luck! ChaCha again soon! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-work-out-your-pectoralis-major )
More Answers to "How do you work out your pectoralis major"
- How should i work out my pectoralis major's outer rim??
- When you are born, you have all the muscle fibers you are ever going to have. The only thing they do is increase or decrease as you age. So, if you increase the area of these fibers you are increasing their volume. Chest flies are another e...
- What exercises can you do at home to work biceps, triceps, deltoi...?
- Good old fashioned pushups work mainly triceps and pecs, pullups and chin-ups work biceps and some back muscles, (spreading your hands far apart on the top of the doorway and pulling straight up is good for deltoids).
- How can I work my pectoral majors and minors if I don't have acce...?
- Try setting up two chairs about 3.5 feet from a couch or another chair. Put a hand on each chair and your feet on the couch. Dip lower than you normally would but not so far that you hurt yourself. Do a few sets of 10 like that. Then let yo...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How should i work out my pectoralis major's outer rim?
- Q: I know there are close/far grip, incline/decline bench, but the outer edge (near the nipple) of the pec is what i mean. In other words, is there any way you can expand the area of the muscle, opposed to the volume?
- A: When you are born, you have all the muscle fibers you are ever going to have. The only thing they do is increase or decrease as you age. So, if you increase the area of these fibers you are increasing their volume.Chest flies are another exercise that can be done to strengthen the chest. An exercise that isn't very popular, but effective is: standing up take 10-20lbs in plates between both hands and touching your chest. Push your arms out until they are locked out, hold for 1 second. Return to your chest, between pec muscles, this is 1 rep. Preform 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Another way to add chest muscle is when you are doing bench press with dumbbells. Start with your palms facing each other and on the way up, twist your palms so they are facing your feet, on the way down twist your palms back towards each other, 1 rep. Perform 8-12. Hope this helps, feel free to email me with any further questions.ChrisM.S.,C.S.C.S.
- Yo any one know a good work out to build you "pectoralis major" aka pex?
- Q: yo any one know a good way to work them out? If ya got a link or somthin id like to see it.
- A: I am a trainer.Pectoralis major -primary muscle workedPectoralis minor, anterior deltoid , triceps- secondary muscles workedabs , back, glutes, quads and calfs are used as stabilizerskeep feet flat on floor and abs contracted and shoulder blades down back sternum lifted and keep mid back pressed firmly into bench. If you are a beginner start with 6-8 sets with 15 reps about six weeksflat bench press 3 sets 15 repsincline bench press 3 sets 15 repspec dec fly 2-3 sets 15 repspushups 1-2 sets 15reps Intermediate increase 8-10 sets with 10-12 reps about 12 weeksflat bench press 2 sets 10 - 12 repsflat dumbel fly 2 sets 10-12 repsIncline bench press 2 sets 10-12 reps Incline dumbel fly 2 sets 10-12 repspushups 2 sets 10-12 reps* warmup on cardio equipment for 10- 15 minutes firstYour body was be warm before you begin* make sure you only rest 30 secs to 1 minute between each exercise.* keep weight at a weight that the 15th or 12 rep is the last one you can complete with proper form.* as you get fatgued you may only get 6 or 8 reps on your second or 3rd set. Just keep the weight the same and when you get to a point that the final set is completed with that weight increase it in 2-5 pound increments.* stretch those muscles for 2 minutes after each exercise* stretch again for 10 minutes at the end of exerciseBuy a book, dvd or vidio or hire a trainer for one session to show you proper form.You should learn joint actions for yourself and take control of your body. The more you understand the less likely you will get an injury.goodluck
- What exercises can you do at home to work biceps, triceps, deltoids, and pectoralis major?
- Q: Ones that don't require a machine?
- A: Good old fashioned pushups work mainly triceps and pecs, pullups and chin-ups work biceps and some back muscles, (spreading your hands far apart on the top of the doorway and pulling straight up is good for deltoids).
Prev Question: What are for kind of strength training
People also view