Can yoga help you lose weight
Yoga is a form of exercise that can help you to burn some fat. ChaCha on!! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-yoga-help-you-lose-weight )
More Answers to "Can yoga help you lose weight"
- > Theres no doubt about it, yoga has become the in thing in fitness as evidenced by the avalanche of yoga classes offered from gyms to boardrooms, beaches to bedrooms. And Cayman is keeping pace with the trend with a wide variety of yoga...
- why do you want to lose weight? If you need to do this to be energetic and mobile, then yoga will help you. Yoga balances your body and does not necessarily lose weight. If you are under weight, you will gain it and can be active, mobile, ...
- Certainly. Yoga builds muscle and burns calories like many other kinds of physical activity but it also trains you to become less reactive and more aware. These skills help many students to break free from old habits that make losing weight...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Which is a better exercise to lose weight, Yoga or Pilates?
- Q: I'm planning to do either or, if not both of them but just wanted to know which one will help you lose more weight rather than just toning? i'm not really a spiritual person so i might skip the yoga and there are so many different types of yoga to choose from, so i'm basically clueless. It seems like Pilates provide more of a workout but ...
- A: Pilates is far better for weight loss and other such training. They have the integrity to take some small part of the practices from Yoga, but not call it Yoga. Truth is that Yoga is not a weight loss program at all. It is not a physical fitness program. To call Yoga a fitness program or a weight program is like holding a nail in your hand and calling it a house. It might be a part of a house, but it is not a house.While it is not true that Yoga is a merely physical program, it appears that way to the majority of people. Therefore, because of the appearances, many sincere seekers are not finding authentic Yoga, which has some of the highest teachings and practices known to humanity.Following authentic Yoga may bring a person not only spiritual realization, but also side effects that might include physical health, reducing or eliminating some diseases, or health promotion. The intent of Yoga is to focus on the spiritual, right from the very beginning. Through such an authentic orientation of Yoga, many fruits will come, including the physical benefits.The problem is not one of changing the path of those who practice adaptations of Yoga, or only small parts of Yoga. Such people have a perfect right to do as they wish. However, what is needed, is to clearly reaffirm the true nature of authentic Yoga and make this available to the true seekers in a wide array of venues. Fortunately, at least a small percentage of teachers are trying to do this.To the ancients, Yoga is a complete system, of which the postures are a small, though quite useful part. The word "Yoga" referred to the whole, not merely one part, which is the postures, or Asanas. The entire purpose of Yoga is spiritual in nature, according to the ancient sages. In modern times, the relative position of the postures has been elevated, so as to lead people to believe that the word "Yoga" refers to physical postures or Asanas, and that the goal of these is physical fitness. The whole and the part have been reversed, terribly misleading and confusing people about the true nature of authentic Yoga.
- Does Yoga Help lose weight? if so what is the best style?
- Q: Ive been trying to lose weight and i heard that yoga helps... Im also very tense so i was hoping it would work..What would be the best style if it does help you lose weight?
- A: Ofcourse yoga does help you to lose weight. For moredetails click on my avatar which will take you to myprofile. There click on my best answers and you willcome across same question thoroughly answered tothe readers satisfaction and therefore was selectedas the best answer. Go ahead and all the best.God bless you.
- How can yoga help you lose weight?
- Q: Does it even help you lose weight? How? And can that be your only source of cardio thats enough to help? Ide like any facts about yoga :) Thank you!There are no yoga classes in my area. Im clueless....is there a way to do yoga on my own? How can i get help?
- A: it teaches you to use every part of your body, using your weight, I would not have it as your only sourse of cardio. I just started 2 weeks ago, and I feel great. You cannot drink OJ before hand you will get sick. U will sweat like u are running. I had real bad joint pain, and I'm feeling good Like I said I just started but so far so good.
Prev Question: What diet is the best for loosing weight
People also view