What type of doctor delivers babies
Who can deliver babies: Obstetrician-gynecologist, a family physician, a certified nurse-midwife & a direct-entry midwife. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-type-of-doctor-delivers-babies )
More Answers to "What type of doctor delivers babies"
- How to Deliver a Baby
- The contractions are coming faster and the baby's not waiting. Whether you're the father, a friend or just an innocent bystander, you need to know that there's more to do than boil water and get...
- What is the doctor called that delivers babies?
- A doctor who specializes in delivering babies is called an Obstetrician. Often times he/she will also specialize in women's reproductive health and that is called a Gynecologist. The common abbreviation for a doctor specializing in both is ...
- Do gynecologist deliver babies?
- There are OBGYN's and GYN's. OB (obstetrics) specialize in child birth. However, a doctor can be both. Make sure that when you have a baby that your doctor is both because you wouldn't want to be passed onto another doctor at the last minut...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what type of doctor delivers babies??
- Q: what type of doctor delivers babies??
- A: midwives or gynecologists!?
- Whats the name of the type of doctor that delivers babies?
- Q: Pretty soon.Im going to college to become a doctor.I really wanna be a doctor.But ive had a hard time deciding on what type to become.I think imma aim on working around babies.Like either a Peditrician or Deliviring babies? Wats the name for that?Anf what do u think?
- A: Obstetrician and/or Gynecologist.The OBGYN is an abbreviation of them both together.(Like this: OB-stetricianGYN-ecologist)So .. OBGYN's deliver babies.Good luck in School & Great choice in professions!I wish you the best!!
- What type of doctor are you if you deliver babies?
- Q: Is delivering babys just a general doctor job or do you have to be specially trained in it? Also if you do have to have special education for delivering what is that field called?
- A: obstetrician/gynecologist
Prev Question: What is plan b? And where can you buy it
People also view