How long does it take for a period to become regular
There's no hard and fast rule. Some women's periods are regular, and others' aren't. Birth control pill can help regulate periods. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-does-it-take-for-a-period-to-become-regular )
More Answers to "How long does it take for a period to become regular"
- That depends on the circumstances. When I was a teenager, before the birth control, it NEVER became regular. It could be light sometimes, heavy at others, usually painful, and it almost NEVER came on schedule. Oh, and it could sometimes las...
- I think everyone is different it took me a long time and very soon I am only regular if I am on the pill. If your worried something is wrong turn to your GP they should be able to help/advise you.
- my period is irregular but I get it too often...two-three times a month. My doctor put me on birth control pills to regulate it. It isn't really normal to get your every 3-4 months, you should talk to your doctor about it.
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long does it take for your period to become regular?
- Q: Age 14. Started 1 year ago yesterday. I think it nearly is but not quite sure. Last time there was 34 days between. Has been getting closer for months.
- A: It can take years for them to regulate themselves. As long as you're getting them approximately every month you're probably fine. If they're too frequent, too heavy, or you go several months without one, you should see a doctor. Even in adulthood, they won't come like clockwork, unless you're on the pill.
- How long after having a baby does it take for your period to become regular?
- Q: I had a baby in december, got a period in january, then february, but havent got one for this month.. I am three weeks late.... I am not breatfeeding. Could this be due to my period not being regular due to childbirth??
- A: Its different for every woman. It could be due to the childbirth. My daughter was born in 2005 and I have had a total of 5 periods since her birth. I am still breastfeeding her so that may have something to do with it. Are you sure you're not pregnant?
- How long after having a baby does it take for your period to become regular again?
- Q: I had my baby on Aug. 4th and had my period in Sept. And I haven't got one for this month. Is that common for women who are not breastfeeding?
- A: you have been faithfully been using birth control.. haven't you?If so..it takes at least 6 months sometimes more for the body/hormones to get back to normal
Prev Question: Is brown spotting a sign of pregnancy
People also view