Can you feel movement when your 18 weeks pregnant
If you are expecting your first baby you can expect to feel your baby for the first time between 18 and 24 weeks gestation. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-feel-movement-when-your-18-weeks-pregnant )
More Answers to "Can you feel movement when your 18 weeks pregnant"
- Is this normal im 18 weeks pregnant dont feel movements everyday??
- Everyone is different, but you can have days where you feel very little, if any, movement. With my first pregnancy I used to worry about this all the time, as I would sometimes be busy during the day and then realise I hadn't felt anything,...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- They say if it's your first time being pregnant,you wont feel any movement till 18 + weeks???
- Q: I thought I felt my baby move as early as 14 or 15 weeks..Im 17 weeks and it feels quite the same.It feels like little popcorns popping or water rumbling..Anyone felt their baby's movement early?
- A: I felt my first two babies at about 14 weeks. My doctor (for my first baby) swore it was 'gas' but I had just had a large meal out and I think the pressure of all the food (it was a nice steak dinner...) allowed me to feel her move about.They say it depends on your body type as well. For example, the smaller you are (frame and weight) the easier it is to feel. That is, if there are more layers of fat tissue to deal with it is likely that a women will feel movement later. Additionally placental placement (i.e. posterior v. anterior) has a bearing on when you'll feel them. My last baby is an anterior placenta (meaning the fetus itself was more buried...) and I didn't feel her move until 18 weeks.The 'popcorn' you've been feeling sure sounds like a little baby!!Best of luck to you!
- Cant feel movement, but know baby is fine, am 18 weeks pregnant.?
- Q: I was told that during a third pregnancy, mom usually can feel movement earlier than normal, but i cant feel anything at all. I had a scan earlier this week and we could see bub moving around quite vigorously, but i couldnt feel a thing. I know that movement isnt usually felt until between 18-22 weeks, but i havent felt anything yet, not even butterflies. With my first 2 pregnancies i felt movement early, apparently because i had less than normal amniotic fluid, and i am quite small. It appears to be the same this time too. My doctor says all my pregnancies have been identical in development, so far, and they feel the same, so far.Does anyone else know about this feeling movement earlier, or have any experience with this? Just curious.I actually felt movement with my other 2 kids at about 15 weeks, and by 18 weeks everyone could see it, my doc used to joke that i had alien babies in there. They were both very long babies, and this one is the same, but i just cant feel it. Im not worried, im just curious about the whole feeling movement earlier the more pregnancies you have.
- A: My first baby was a mover. Not only could I feel her moving I, and everyone around me, could see her moving. With my second child I never felt anything until the 8th month. I spent many nights crying and worrying about him. I was sure that he would be born with some kind of handicap. I would drink juice and lie still, I never felt or saw anything. I would turn on a loud T.V. next to my tummy then turn it off and lay down. Still nothing. It bothered me to no end.My son was born fine and healthy. He was my smallest baby and had a bit of jaundice, but other than that he was perfect. He is now 6 and he is definitely my quietest and most mild mannered child. So, I think he was just being himself in there.As long as everything checks out at all your doctor appointments I'm sure the baby will be just fine. Worry anyway, it's hard not to when you are a mom, just not too much.Congrats on the expected arrival!
- 18 weeks pregnant with no movement or pains?
- Q: I am now 18 weeks and have not felt a single movement from my baby. I have been paying close attention and still have not felt anything at all even air or rumbling. I am really worried and my next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks. Also, I have not felt any stretching pains either. Does anyone have any advice for me?
- A: At 18 weeks I didn't feel anything either! I felt fine - no stretching pains either. That all changed the next week. I started to feel the little monster moving! It was great.I had an u/s at 18w4d and I felt NONE of his crazy movements - and he was super active. But just a few days later and I started feeling him. You are fine. Many first time mom's don't feel the baby until 20 weeks and beyond.
Prev Question: How do you have a miscarriage
People also view