What kind of corn is used to make popcorn
Just good old fashioned corn kernels are used to make popcorn. Popcorn manufacturers buy the corn from farmers. ChaCha!! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-kind-of-corn-is-used-to-make-popcorn )
More Answers to "What kind of corn is used to make popcorn"
- How is Popcorn Processed?
- Popcorn is one of America's favorite snack foods. Naturally low in fat and high in fiber, popcorn is simple to prepare and is inexpensive compared to other snack foods. Popcorn can be eaten as is...
- How is corn processed to be ready for popcorn?
- they dry out corn the cobb then the kernals are ready to get popped
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- what kinds of corn are used to make popcorn?
- A: Scientific Classification.Popcorn belongs to the grass family,"Gramineae".It is genus Zea ,species Z.mays, variety everta.
- How do I make homemade popcorn?
- Q: I bought a popcorn popper, but when I melt butter over the top of the popcorn it just does not work right (warm butter softens the popped corn too much). What I need to know is how to get the popcorn even with butter and which kind of salt to use.
- A: As a kid we used to put a little vegetable oil in a large sauce pan (with a lid) with popcorn on a burner on medium high. When I cook I don't measure anything anymore so take the following with a grain of salt-no pun intended. Try a couple of tablespoons of oil and start with maybe 1/4th or 1/3 of a cup of corn so it does not overfill the pan as it pops. You only need enough oil to keep the corn from sticking to the pan and burning.I would not use a non-stick pan as I do not believe the high head is good for the pan and I would not want any coating in my food.Once it started to pop we shook pack and forth while on the burner until it was done. Done was defined as going from a rapid pop to just a few kernals popping. Then we drizzled it with melted butter and salt. It was great then and my kids and I love it now. It is a fun thing to do with the kids and it is also a very different taste compared to theater, hot air or microwave popcorn. Once you get it right you won't go back!
- how to make chocolate covered popcorn?
- Q: what kind og pop corn do i start with. I dont have a popper so it would have to be microwave. Also what kind of chocolate do I use? and the amount? thanks.
- A: Just buy normal popping corn from the supermarket. The best chocolate is milk chocolate for this. The amount gets determined by how much corn you want to cover, just go ahead and guess. Nuke it gently and slowly in the microwave, stirring between each 10-15 second burst on low heat - don't get any water in the bowl though. You can use compound chocolate buttons too, but I personally prefer the real thing. Tastes better. Good luck.
Prev Question: How long can people go with out food
People also view