What is in a bagel
A bagel is traditionally a hefty, dense ring of somewhat bland tasting bread. But with different flours, such as rye and wheat. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-in-a-bagel )
More Answers to "What is in a bagel"
- (bey-guhl) It’s a leavened, doughnut-shaped, firm-textured roll, with a brownish glazed surface, made of dough first poached and then baked. But, a BagelBiz bagel isn’t just any bagel, they’re America’s #1 hand-rolled bagel and we’ll ship t...
- A bagel is a type of bread which is formed into a round ring and boiled before baking. Typically, bagels have a chewy texture and a slightly crisp outer layer, accomplished by handling the bread dough specially before it is cooked, preventi...
- A bagel is a round dense roll with a hole in the middle made from an eggless yeast dough. After rising it is briefly tossed into vigorously boiling water and then browned in the oven, producing a dense, chewy inside with a crisp exterior. K...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How many calories are in a wheat bagel with fat free creamcheese?
- A: I would say that a wheat bagel with fat free cream cheese would round up to 300 calories.
- How many slices of bread is a bagel equal to?
- Q: I've heard they're equal to about 4 or 5 slices of bread. Personally, I think this is a load of crap. I can see the commericialized fast-food bagels, but I buy local bakery small Montréal style bagels and they hardly seem like this much. How much is a typical, not fast-food bagel worth in slices of bread?
- A: Calorie wise, 3-4.
- has anyone ever made bagel pizzas or pita bread pizza's?
- Q: I think the bagel ones sound fairly easy to make; throw some sauce and your fixings on a bagel and bake in over for a few minutes but Im a bit confused with the pita bread ones. Do I bake them first in the oven, split them open to stuff them, soften them up first in the microwave. How do you make pizzas out of pita bread? Are they better than bagel pizzas or should I stick to the bagels instead?
- A: pita bread pizzaNot only healthy, but this quick pizza can be made to your individual tastes. 2 six inch pitas1/2 cup prepared spaghetti or pizza sauce1 small tomato, diced1 small onion or several green onions, chopped1/2 cup sliced olives1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced1 small green pepper, sliced1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated1 package pepperoni, slicedParmesan cheese, grated1. If baking the pizzas, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degress C). If grilling, don't preheat the oven.2. While one of you is preparing the sauce, the other should start preparing the toppings. 3. Slice each piece of pita bread in two so you have two thin, flat circles by using a sharp paring knife on the edge of the pita bread.4. You can each prepare your own pizza by spreading sauce onto the pita bread, and adding your preferred toppings.5. Bake the pizzas on an ungreased baking sheet or pizza pan for five or six minutes or grill for one or two minutes until the cheese has melted and the pita bread has reached your desired crispness.6. Serves two.
Prev Question: What is coke secret ingredient
People also view