Is a pumpkin a fruit or a veggie
Pumpkin is a fruit and name the pumpkin orginated from "pepon" – the Greek word for "large melon."...Thanks for using ChaCha. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/is-a-pumpkin-a-fruit-or-a-veggie )
More Answers to "Is a pumpkin a fruit or a veggie"
- Is a pumpkin fruit or veggie?
- Technically speaking, its a fruit. ･ a) The seeds are housed in it, the same as an orange or apple ･ b) When you eat a pumpkin, you're not eating the plant itself (like with a carrot, parsnip or potato ...
- Are pumpkins a fruit or veggie?
- Technically it is in the squash family and squashes are in fact veggies, but anything with seeds in it is a fruit, so naturally speaking it is a fruit
- Is a pumpkin a fruit or a vegetable?
- The pumpkin is considered a fruit. It is seed bearing. More information I got this: "Pumpkins, squash, and some kinds of gourd are the fruits of four different species of this genus." Here: http://www.angelfire.com/realm/shades/pl...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- is pumpkin a fruit, veggie, legume or what?
- Q: i need a sorce to prove it pleasewell I want to know b/c I am trying to settle a disagrement and I say its a fruit and from the looks of it I am wining =)LOL
- A: It is a vegetable. It is a member of the squash family.Every plants seed can be referred to as its fruit but classifying them as a fruit or vegetable is different when you consider consuming them.A pine cone is a fruit of an evergreen but is not consumed.
- Is pumpkin a fruit or a veggie??
- A: it has seedsFruit.But the government allows it to be called vegetable..veggies = root stock carrots turnip>> leaf stock lettuce celery>> flowers cauliflower broccoli
- would you consider a pumpkin a fruit or a veggie?
- A: Fruit
Prev Question: What is a good apple pie recipe
People also view