How long do you have to boil corn on the cob
Boil sweet corn for no longer than 8 minutes. If you boil it longer, you lose the sweet taste and gain the starchy taste. ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-long-do-you-have-to-boil-corn-on-the-cob )
More Answers to "How long do you have to boil corn on the cob"
- I never go on time i just watch it while I am cooking my other food and when it changes from yellow to gold I know it is done.
- Until color changes....... Oe when the fork can go through softly when you overcook usually it will seem stale.
- Three sisters from native american food lore, it s long ), takes a cue from trinidad with his version of corn on the cob one version is to boil it fresh k, then mix with a. To boil you as your aroma spreads through blue red corn, bar buddha...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How long to boil corn on the cob?
- Q: I froze some corn on the cob (uncooked) and I am not sure how long to boil it, any suggestions?
- A: Bring a pot of water to boil. Throw the corn in the water, put a lid on the pot, and turn off the heat. Leave it alone and check back in a while. Cooks perfectly. Even better is putting it on the grill. Rub some butter on it or spray it with the spray butter. Nice and black in spots (it's caramalizing not burning).Yum.
- How long are you supposed to boil corn-on-the cob to cook it without cooking it to death?
- Q: I cut one in half and boiled both pieces for a while. It tasted GREAT! Much better than I thought it would be! But I didn't know how long I was supposed to boil it so I set a timer, but the timer stopped without going off, so I'm not sure how long it boiled. And then I just left it in the water to cool down some so it cooked even longer. And then my cat attacked me to get some of it!
- A: I don't cook my corn that long. When it is fresh, you really don't need to cook it for a long time. I bring a pot of water to a boil, put them in, 4-5 mins. that is it. They will still have a slight crunch to them, but they are so sweet and awesome..Microwave- if they are out of their husks, I put a bit of butter, or margarine, salt and wrap individually and put them in the microwave for about 2 mins. They are awesome! All the flavour stays in with the corn.I hope this helps, and happy cooking!
- How long should corn on the cob boil?
- Q: If it makes a difference, it's white corn.Thanks! One more thing--do I leave the husks on while I cook it?
- A: You don't boil it. You bring the water to a boil and then put the corn in and put the lid on. Then turn off the heat and let the corn sit in the water for ten minutes.
Prev Question: What is the recipe for fried dough
People also view