How do you bake an apple pie
Most apple pies get baked at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-60 minutes, it does vary by recipe though. Viva La ChaCha! ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/how-do-you-bake-an-apple-pie )
More Answers to "How do you bake an apple pie"
- ･ 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. You can peel and slice your apples while the oven is heating. ･ 2 Stir together all ingredients except the butter. Place one pie crust in bottom of 9" pie pan and fill... ･ 3 Bake 40 to 50 minutes. Cove...
- Traditionally, autumn has been the season for drinking lots of fresh apple cider combined with warm sugar donuts, making applesauce, and baking fresh, homemade apple pies. Ripe apples, freshly picked out of the orchard, can be stored in a c...
- I’m still fascinated by passages I read in Stanley Coren’s, How Dogs Think . I finished the book, finally, after having interspersed about a half dozen other books during the process. (This one being so dense and interesting, I’ve savored i...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- How do I bake an apple pie?
- Q: How can I bake an apple pie without brown sugar and vanilla extract? Thanks. =)
- A: Apple pie requires neither of these anyways..CRUST (recipe makes one double crust):2 1/2 cups white flour 2 tbsp. sugar 1/4 tsp. salt 1/2 cup cold butter, broken into small pieces 5 tbsp. cold vegetable shortening 8 tbsp. ice water Measure the flour, sugar and salt togetherl. Stir to combine. Add the chilled butter pieces and shortening to the bowl. Cut them in with a pastry cutter or knife. Don't over mix them. Add the ice water. Mix until the dough holds together (add a bit more water, if necessary). Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead it together, then divide in half. Flatten each half into a disk, wrap in saran wrap and chill for at least half an hour. Roll out one of the disks on a lightly floured surface until you have a circle that's about 12 inches in diameter. Put the circle in a 9" pie plate, trimming any extra dough from the edges with a sharp knife (parents only). Return it to the refrigerator until you are ready to make the pie. Add filling (see below) Roll out the second ball of dough and cover top. Use a fork or your fingers to pinch the edges together. cut a couple slits in the top. FILLING1/3 to 2/3 cup sugar 1/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon Pinch of salt 8 medium sized apples (a medium apple = about 1 cup) 2 tablespoons margarine Heat oven to 425 degrees. Peel, core and slice the apples. Try to keep the size of the slices even. Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Stir in apples. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with margarine. Cover with top crust and seal the edges. Cut slits in the top. OPTIONAL: Cover edge with 3-inch strip of aluminum foil to prevent too much browning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.
- How long to bake an apple pie in the oven?
- Q: I purchased an apple pie at HyVee today from the Jefferson City High School Orchestra. It doesn't have any directions and it was just prepared while I was watching. My guess is 400 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- A: Ask the makers.You could go by if the crust is flaky golden brown, and the inside is all goopy, and the apples are soft, but not falling apart.
- can you bake an apple pie in a jar lid?
- Q: I recently came across an article, that during a mother and child time together, mother would make a regular pie and the child would duplicate the process using a jar lid. However, the article does not say how to bake the Jar Lid Pie, just that it was done and the pie was single serving and ediable. Those of us watching our waist line would like to give it a try for an occasional treat without too much guilt.Can anyone help me with this recipie idea?ThanksPegasus
- A: I suppose you could as long as there is no rubber seal in the lid such as pickle jars etc.I used to do this with my children but I used large tart tins.Just put a bit of water in the parts of the tins you aren't using.Works fine.
Prev Question: How do you make salad
People also view