What do you do when your dad gets drunk
If your dad gets drunk and becomes violent you should call 911. You could also join a support group for loved ones of Alcoholics. ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/what-do-you-do-when-your-dad-gets-drunk )
More Answers to "What do you do when your dad gets drunk"
- What can 16-year-olds do when their dad gets drunk and starts pus...?
- How to Get Help I live in Canada, but this should work for you too. Go to "Children's Welfare". You can phone the operator and get the number, or you can go to your local Mental Health and they will direct you. In Canada 16 is sti...
- Why is my dad drunk he got drunk with his friends?
- well was is time for him to go to work then maybe something after work he went to a bar or something.if it wasnt time to go to work maybe he had a tuff dayhe needed a drink and did some stuff your mom would not lyk. i hope every thing turns...
- Why does your dad get angry when you drink?
- The answer is either one or more of these possibilities: ･ 1.) Because you are drinking his alcohol. ･ 2.) Because you are under 21 years old. (assuming American) ･ 3.) Because you still live with your dad and he sees you spending your mo...
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- My Dad is drinking again, what should I do?
- Q: Every summer my dad's drinking gets really bad, and every summer we have to confront him. He drinks a 6 pack a day, and I know that's not a lot compared with people who drink whiskey for example, but it still makes him drunk. One night, when we were all living with my grandma, she got really upset and kicked him out until he sobered up. He joined Alcoholics Anonymous and got an apartment. My brother (11) and I (16) moved in with him exactly a month ago. He's been sober ever since August 1st, but as of Friday, his STUPID friend came over and he started drinking again. He does it at night and during the day he sleeps. This morning he was still drunk from the night before. He doesn't make dinner or clean, so I have to do it and take care of my brother. I'm getting really worried that we'll get taken away again and have to live with my grandma. Although my dad causes us a great deal of grief, we love him too much and I don't want to be separated from him again. What should I do??? I was thinking of writing him a letter to read for when he wakes up and he's (hopefully) sober, but I don't know...
- A: Yes, write him a letter, tell him if he doesn't grow up, you will have no choice but to live with your grandmother.He he doesn't shape up, then make arrangements to leave him.Tolerating what he does is not doing to do you or your brother any good.
- My Life really sucks, what should I do?
- Q: my parents are divorced (they got divorced when i was 6)they constanly critisise each othermy brother only lives at my moms house and moved out f my dads house five years ago....i dont even know why i was only about 9 at the timemy mom got remarried and my stepdad is kind of a jerk....all he does is watch tvmy dad gets drunk a lot but he dosnt even think i know...i confronted him about it a few years ago and he said he would stop and he did for a while but he went back to itmy mom just dosent really seem to understand memy moms house is super messy and the only place i can go to hang out is my room...the mess drives me crazya lot of people at school dont seem to like meonly one teacher i ever had liked me (last year) and all my classes this year sucki got suspended last year and so now all my teachers judge me with out even meeting me.school is the most boring piece of crap i have even seenmy town is super boring and there is nthing to domy dog hates me...this might not seem like much but it really pisses me off sometimes.pretty much the only good thing in my life is my girlfriend she is amazing and is always there for me, but we cant hang out that much cause she has a really busy sceduale. anyway, i am usually happy but when i start thinking about it, my life just plain sucks and there is no way around it. everyone at my school thinks there life is horrible when they get a chipped nail or something, and very few kids have problems in their lives. i feel totally different, and my friends are sometimes telling me i am all pissed off but i feel like the reason i am is because everthing is so bad. they dont have a reason to be pissed off beacuse their lives are perfect. i am not thinking about suicide or anything, but i just dont see th epoint of anything anymore....what should i do?o by the way i am 14 in 8th grade and my bro is 17 in 11th
- A: trust me, when you think you have it bad, you haven't seen some of the sh*t other people go through.
- What do you do when your dad is an abusive drunk?
- Q: My dad gets drunk and becomes very angry and abusive. Not really towards us girls (his daughters) but My brother and him do get into fist fights quite often and my dad beats up his girlfriend's SEVERLY. That is why my mother left him after 22 years and that is why his current girlfriend left him. We can't sit him down and have a serious conversation with him and tell him we are worried about him or afraid of him because then he will get angry again and blame it on us or tell us he is going to kill our animals or he will tell us to get out. What should I do with this situation. He is making everyone's life HELL. Thanks.Also...we have thrown him in jail well OVER 20 times and everytime the cops either release him that night or the following morning and he is after us for putting him there. We have thrown him in jail so many times that he has had to do Anger Management for 1 year and he still holds that against us. I have contacted an undercover cop to ask what to do and they said that there is really nothing they can do until one of us is extremly injured. Some of us can't make it on our own at the moment. He knows that and that's why he tells us to get out. He knows we will be homeless.Also...my mother moved to Texas and is now with a new man. We live in Colorado..she just left us. His current girlfriend has no place to live, she is staying with her friend. My dad's parent's know about the abouse and when we tell them, they just shake their head but never offer advice. We have no one to help us really. I know this is bad but all 3 of us kids dropped out of school due to the lack of parental guidence in the house. My family on my mother's side also know about the abuse but as well, are unwilling to help us. They were unwilling to even help my mother, that's why she escaped by meeting a man on the internet and moving in with him.Also, the local homeless shelters are full. I'm looking for someone to give me an answer or advice to out smart him and put him in jail for a LONG time or change him from his EVIL ways
- A: Ok, it's going to be alright. Keep up with the local shelters, stick with that, if he does eventually get violent and hurts someone and hopefully, THAT doesn't happen, send him to jail and press charges. That's truly the only way things are going to stick with him. If he hits one of you and you call 911 they will take him to jail and they will ask if you want to press charges. You say YES. Don't worry about the legal stuff right now, your safety is much more important. Call upon friends/relatives whomever you might have a chance in living arrangements. Do research either at the library or online (libraries have computers now you can use) Call the Red Cross, they will either find something for you or give you places to call =) Please keep in touch with me so I know how you are. Let your mother also know, there's no reason why she couldn't help you somehow, someway.
Prev Question: Are drugs really bad for you
Next Question: What type of brain damage can ecstacy cause
Next Question: What type of brain damage can ecstacy cause
People also view