Can you get high from lidocaine
Lidocaine is a pain stopping ointment and doesn't really have any abuse problems. ChaCha ( Source: http://www.chacha.com/question/can-you-get-high-from-lidocaine )
More Answers to "Can you get high from lidocaine"
- Can you get high off of 5% lidocaine patches?
- no, you can't get high, but you could kill yourself pretty easily. Lidocaine works to help pain by disrupting the nerve's ability to send pain signals. The signals from the painful shoulder or back are broken up, and the brain never gets th...
- Can you get high off of the topical oral solution , lidocaine hyd...?
- Nope, the dose is too low, and it is a numbing agent. Better off just smelling some paint (which I dont recommend)
Related Questions Answered on Y!Answers
- Someone told me that you could drink a little prescription liquid Lidocaine to get high. Is this true?
- A: Yes.....but your going to need to dial 911 afterwards....then your gonna have the worst headache you have ever had in you entire life for about two days....im a paramedic and i encounter this often....addicts stealing their dying mothers meds to get stoned....first off they are idiots...secondly i usually get three calls to these types of people...one on the first attempt...one on the second cause they are addicts...and the third to do CPR on theyre dead butts
- What are the risks associated with snorting lidocaine?
- Q: Let's say that my friend, CC, added lidocaine to nose spray because it made his nose go numb, and it felt really awesome... What are the negative consequences? I mean they add it to cocaine, so it can't be fatal. I don't think cocaine dealers would like it very much if all of their clients starting dropping dead at a higher frequency then they already are.
- A: Occasional use of the normal concentrations shouldn't do much. Toxicities tend to be neurologic to begin with: tingling, twitching, seizures.
- How would you extract lidocaine from an antiseptic?
- Q: I have performed other extractions (acid base/precipitation/centrifuge) in other experiments, but just out of personal curiosity, how do you think you would you extract lidocaine HCl from a antiseptic solution like this:http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=209921&productId=209921&navAction=push&navCount=6&no_new_crumb=trueI believe both of the active ingredients are dissolved in a mixture of propyl glycol and water, which would make the boiling point relatively high.Anyway, any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance :)
- A: Lidocaine hydrochloride is a salt of a base (Lidocaine) with hydrogen chloride.To extract the Lidocaine from this medicine, you would first have to make the solution alkaline with sodium hydroxide (NaOH) solution.The Lidocaine is now a free base that is soluble in organic solvents such as diethyl ether. If you now extract your alkaline medicine with diethyl ether, all the organic compounds, including Lidocaine and propyl glycol, will dissolve in the solvent leaving the water soluble chemicals behind. You now have two layers: a water layer and an ether layer. Separate the two layers and discard the water layer.To separate your Lidocaine base from all the other neutral organic compounds, the diethyl ether solution has now to be extracted with aqueous hydrochloric acid. This will selectively remove your Lidocaine base which will form a water soluble Lidocaine hydrochloride. Separate the layers and this time, discard the ether layer. You now have a water solution of pure Lidocaine hydrochloride free of any other rubbish.If you need Lidocaine, follow the first step until you have an ether solution of Lidocaine. As ether boils at about 35°C, you can remove the solvent very easily by evaporation leaving behind pure Lidocaine.NOTE: Diethyl ether is dangerously flammable!http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lidocainehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid-liquid_extractionhttp://ull.chemistry.uakron.edu/chemsep/extraction/
People also view